The OFFICIAL Windows 2000 SP3 Thread

Originally posted by Flash

does sp3 boot alot faster into windows?

Same, but the preparing Network Conections screen for my domain controller is much faster (1 minute not 3) :)

Anyone else having problems with their folder views? I installed sp3 and now my folders are set to classic view and I tried folder options to set it back to web view and still no go. I'm thinking about reinstalling IE6 to see if it fixes the problem. For now I have resorted to the "customize folder" option as a quick fix. :o

Sodapop

Originally posted by Flash

does sp3 boot alot faster into windows?

Flash, I have found it to be a hair quicker but to the normal user I don't think they will notice. I'm starting to think maby this wasn't the final version...After my folder probs.

hi there, i installed SP3 and i have this on the bottom right of my desktop, it reads "Windows 2000 Professional, For Testing Purpose Only, Build 2195". See the thing is i installed the serive pack neowin posted which was suppose to be final, then why do i get that??, help me take it out please! =)

Does the "OFFICIAL" SP3 says "SP3 Build 2195" in MSINFO32? I have the one from Tuesday and I was wondering if they changed that but as I can see, even the CRC didn't change so...

With SP3 from tuesday

SP3%20Build%202195.GIF

Originally posted by BiohaZard Zero

hi there, i installed SP3 and i have this on the bottom right of my desktop, it reads "Windows 2000 Professional, For Testing Purpose Only, Build 2195". See the thing is i installed the serive pack neowin posted which was suppose to be final, then why do i get that??, help me take it out please! =)

i still haven't gotten rid of the built number. I think i have the final cuz i went to microsoft and download the official built and after saying, inspecting for necessary disk space it said that windows 2000 sp3 installion has complete and it needs to restart windows for the changes to take effect, but even after that, i still have the thing on my right of my desktop. Tell me something, what is the final windows 2000 built number, i no is may sound silly but just tell me please =)

Calm down, it's not like were here 24/7 to answer questions (Especially in this deserted forum :p)

goto download.com and search for Registry Detective and download and install it, then load it and search for the word "TESTING" remove the one that looks like the testing text to you

Originally posted by JMA_PN

Does the "OFFICIAL" SP3 says "SP3 Build 2195" in MSINFO32? I have the one from Tuesday and I was wondering if they changed that but as I can see, even the CRC didn't change so...

With SP3 from tuesday

SP3%20Build%202195.GIF

2195 is the final build number of the original Windows 2000 (like 2600 is XPs), doesnt get affected by Service Packs.

Due to the fact that the CRCs are the same, however, shows that the "official" copy and the one from tuesday are indeed the same.

Originally posted by BiohaZard Zero

i am getting so much help here..YEY NOT!!:sleeping:

Well duh, did you uninstall the previous build first? Don't start bitching if you have had an older build and just installed the official SP3 over it w/o uninstalling the old first.

Hey guy's, Any of you found a fix for the folder problem? Does it happen when you do a fresh install?. I just installed win2k and all the updates and then installed sp3 and these folder problems just happened and i'll be darned if I can't find a fix for them. I'll admit it's just a small defect but I really did love my folder views ;). I posted about this earlier in this thread but it seems folks are starting to popup saying they have the same problem. I just find it hard to believe that me and the other guy are the only ones.

Alright, I have found out how to fix the folder problem.

Go to C:WINNTWeb and rename folder.htt to default.htt and rename default.htt to folder.htt. And now everything will be fixed with folder views. You will need to un-hide files to see these files.

Sodapop

I'm installing windows 2k on a friends computer tomorrow, do i need to install all the service packs in order? sp1 sp2 sp3 or can i just install the last of these sp3 and it work ok? just wondering if it was like NT4 or not