Ultimate DSLR Thread/Resource

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great stuff, and I'll be bookmarking this page to keep up.

I plan on getting into photography (casual, as a hobby) and I'd like to know what dome poeple would recommend. I just got ahold of the brand new Nikon D55's that we just got in our classroom. They are pretty amazing, I don't think I'd ever held something better than a $10 Kodak one-time-use camera. :D I'm looking for something up to and around $300.

And what do you guy think for a beginner, digital or film?

You know, film is pretty dead with many company that already said they were to stop making film. Nikon also announced to stop making film except for the F6 if I remember correctly.

I would recommend to look into digital

well yea, for beginners definately digital but in general youd have to spend SOME money on a good digital slr to get as good results as with an f6 or r9 with a nice fujichrome film and rollei processing-stuff.

film is everything but dead. its like mp3 vs vinyl. i prefare vinyl but many others dont. is it dead so? nope.

anyways, that discussion doesnt lead to somewhere, some will say "analog is dead", others not so... screw it, do both or not and be happy. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well this is a nice thread!! Keep it alive!! Here's not quite a profile, but album of MOST pictures I take.. Comments welcome!!!!!

My new camera of choice is a Pentax DSLR K110D.. 55mm Lense... Saving for a new lense!!

Album = http://picasaweb.google.com/l33txp

• 5 months later...
just curious.. what would you all say is the worlds best DSLR camera as of right now?
Canon 1D III or a Nikon D2x? - matter of preference between those I think