[Soccer] Good. England Lost.

Should Sven go before the World Cup?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sven go before the World Cup?

• Yes
    • No

Northern Ireland have just beaten England in the World Cup qualifiers. I am glad. Maybe now we can replace Sven before its too late.

This is a poll further to the topic posted Here.

Sven is an un-charismatic, bland manager who plays fully capable players out of position, does not inspire the players or the supporters and plays a system that does not suit the players he has in his squad. A manager needs to look at the players, then pick the system that suits them best. It is not ok to pick the system and then try and force the players into the set roles. It simply won't work.

Some points to consider:

Why was Rooney playing on the left in the first half? He is best down the middle.

Why do we play Owen up front on his own? He does not have the stature to play as a sole striker. Neither can Defoe play in this way. They both need big men alongside them to play the ball to their feet, and knock the ball down to them. A player like Andy Johnson, for example. Either that, or change the system.

Why play Beckham so deep? He is much more likely to play a 'killer' ball from further up the pitch or a wide position, whereas when he is playing deep he does not get that opportunity.

The only player that has put in an assured performance in the last few games is Paul Robinson. He is the only player that looks in the least bit confident on the ball. Funnily enough, he is also the player Sven has the least influance over.

England have some awesome players, but they do not look like they understand the current system that Sven is playing. They have not played 'well' or certainly to their potential for a long, long time. England need a proverbial 'rocket up the backside' and a charismatic manager who will fire them up, and not make them complacent like they seem to be at the moment. Sven just simply isn't doing enough and needs replacing. Quickly. Before the World Cup....if we even qualify at this rate.

Discuss.

- FaRSightxc2

I agree that lately he hasn't been good, but I highly doubt he will go before the World Cup. Are you just quoting from BBC comentators? lol, they made exactly the same remark about 'killer' Beckham balls.

In my opinion, the players seem to have no passion for the game they are playing....

They always look miserable (i know the expression on their face doesn't necessarily affect their play, but it puts across a negative attitude), plus i dont think David Beckham is a good captain, as he seems to neglect "morale boosting" as a key asset......

By current standards in the World, England are lucky to be in the top 20 teams.....

*Note*

The poll say SHOULD Sven go before the world cup, not WILL Sven go before the world cup.

I am as aware as anyone that the chance of Sven actually going is very low.

i fink hes a gd manager, but im from northern ireland and all i can say is yeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shows ya money means bugger all in football wen a we country with 1.6 million people can kick ass :laugh: :laugh:

we are absolutly jumping up and down over here, a massive result for us :D

We also beat azerbaijan last Saturday, Wales must be ****ting themselves :rofl:

The lads really did us proud, Healy is one of our gems.

ian wright is right, we need a manager who is passionate about the game and can express his feelings - did ya see mclaren telling players wat to do and sven sittin there. sack the sweed

how easy are you lot finding it to slate your national manager after a few defeats...

53 games or something with 9 loses...come on - grow up and stop whinging...His record speaks for itself - he's an awesome manager - as Lawrie Sanchez said this is a minor blip and England will be at the WC Finals...

Anyways...

COME ON THE NORN IRON!

WE'RE NOT BRAZIL WE'RE NORTHERN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!

hm sven should stay but he needs to sort his act out and toughen up with players... beckam is kack and should be dropped... he is way over rated.

586492309[/snapback]

I disagree. I would never have chosen him as captain, but I think he is a very good player who can change a game very quickly. The thing with Beckham is you can never truely call him 'over rated' because half the world loves him and the other half hates him. Clearly some people do over rate him, but equally you cannot deny that his log passing and crossing are second to none.

When I saw the result of this game my jaw dropped. But personally, I could care less becuase my Azzurri have all but clinched their spot so I'm good. Still extremely surprised though. Really thought the guys would have a fire lit under their butts after the terrible friendly loss and the rather uninspired win against Wales.

But why does he insis on using the 4 5 1 instead of the 4 4 2 which works.

He should of played with this formation during the amercian tour not at such important times.

He's lost his marbles i think He seems to be in the papers more and more

SVEN WILL HE GO

(call for Boycott of England Games and Merchandise til he goes)

I am and have been extremely disappointed by the F.A.?s full support of Sven Goran Erikson. I do not and have never shared the same enthusiasm of his appointment. There is a general incompetence within the F.A. by selecting a non passionate and quiet man for the job. As everyone clearly saw there was a complete lack of communication between Sven and the England team against Northern Ireland. So much so he was HIDING behind Steve Maclaren on the touchline who was franticly trying to translate the tactics for him.

Sven has shown all the signs of a clever conman uses others to run the show which had previously brought him his old unworthy reputation, but this will now surely be his last job in football.

The last England match I enjoyed was the 5-1 defeat of Germany but all that has been proved is that the team was still under the Keegan passion and mentality. At present I am finding it more and more fun supporting the opposing team because I know I will always be disappointed supporting England under its current regime.

Bad decisions are constantly being made at the top level as regard to the forced replacement of previous England managers, Sir Bobby Robson and Terry Venables, who after SUCSESSFULL tournaments their jobs were cut short prematurely.

This is currently a ?4.5 million per year mistake in a job that most managers would do for LOVE NOT MONEY and that LOVE should determine the true commitment of the person deserving of this prestigious job.

Save face, cut the losses and bring together the best in English Football and bring in an emergency management team consisting of Terry Venables, Sir Bobby Robson and Trevor Brooking for the final two games and the World Cup. They are the true leaders of English football and I am shocked that it is non football persons currently making all the football decisions.

I would rather we lost with PASSION than lose without imagination or tactics

The F.A. is the face of English football and should be held accountable for this long drawn out farce and there should be a full inquiry about its policies and wasteful overspending throughout the board.

While Sven continues as manager I will not be an England supporter, will never fly its colours and I will encourage and support a full BOYCOTT of its games and merchandise to hurt the F.A.?s pocket.

What do you think?

I think it's interesting you joined a technology forum, to post that! :laugh:

None-Tha-less, I do agree with some of your views, mostly the point of him remaining in-partial on the touchline. I could talk for days about the team line-up and why it's not working, but I've gotta goto work! :(

Maybe later. :p

I don't care what happens England won't ever win the World Cup and that's just being honest with you.

I am sick to death of England and they way we play. No passion what so ever, a team of individuals rather than a team of proud englishmen. It's a tragedy to watch sometimes considering who's on the pitch.

Anyway kick Sven out if it matters. Back to the Premiership for now though! :yes: