[Review] iPod nano

Wow surprisingly the k750i is the phone i would get if i had the money to.

The perfect set of gadgets: Sony Ericsson k750I + PSP + iPod nano black *drools*

So..i need 450€ to get the k750i + ipod nano 2 GB.. ouch

getting rid of my ipod, i am sick to the back teeth with them, apple have totally made one ****ty product.

Yea build quality, fine, Sound quality, good do a bit better, buts its a portable player what do i expect, nothing exciting.

BUT...

I have had sony ex-71's, the ipod mini blue the right channel, not under warrenty, so thats ?30 down the pan, i had some panasonic ?30 in-ear headfones before that, it blew the right channel on those.

most of my friends have had the ipod blow up the right channel on there headfones.

im flogging my mini, cant be arsed with it no more, a smartphone plus 1GB mini sd will do me nicely, and a ipod mini Windows media player skin, i cant be arsed messing around with something that blows **** up.

getting rid of my ipod, i am sick to the back teeth with them, apple have totally made one ****ty product.

Yea build quality, fine, Sound quality, good do a bit better, buts its a portable player what do i expect, nothing exciting.

BUT...

I have had sony ex-71's, the ipod mini blue the right channel, not under warrenty, so thats ?30 down the pan, i had some panasonic ?30 in-ear headfones before that, it blew the right channel on those.

most of my friends have had the ipod blow up the right channel on there headfones.

im flogging my mini, cant be arsed with it no more, a smartphone plus 1GB mini sd will do me nicely, and a ipod mini Windows media player skin, i cant be arsed messing around with something that blows **** up.

586533776[/snapback]

hey, i blew a channel on my ex71's w/ my ipod also. Dunno if it was the right ear or not.

I didn't really let it phase me that much. I jsut went to the electronics store, bought another pair, swapped the actual earbuds, returned the other ones w/ the busted ear piece. They gave me cash back.

good review! one question, can you get the laser carved right in the store?

586534779[/snapback]

No.

But why would you want to engrave your iPod (Unless it's a gift)? You'll have a hard time trying to resell it in the future.

BUT...

586533776[/snapback]

ohhhhh! thats why my right bud went aswell on some crappy headphones!:angry:y:

its not the iPod.. its the build quality of the headphones! i've been using ex71's since mini disc players; and the right channel has blown like 7 or 8 times... thats a crap load of money i've spent over the years on these phones.. but i really like them so i re-buy them every time they blow. i tried bose tri-ports, but i really thought they were flimsy (and big), so i returned them.

I went out last night and bought me one... I had to search every iPod retailer in the valley to find one. Wal-Mart was sold out, Circuit City was sold out and Best Buy only had the 2GB in White :cry: but I bought that anyway and love it :yes: I plan on getting a Black 4GB model later on... or wait for the 6GB to come out :p

Was checking these out at the apple store here, not bad. I think they made it as thin as possible while still allowing for that headphone jack. (the nano is barely thicker than that jack) Very cool player, but a little overpriced imo. Perhaps I'll wait a bit. I wont mock this like I did the shuffle though....although I truely see the shuffle being neutered now. If you want cheap/value get a standard mp3 player, if you want style and design get the nano.

I think the iPod Nano looks too thin, atleast for my tastes. I would have preferred it to be a little shorter and broader.

Just wish it had more space. The inclusion of the colour screen is good.

its not the iPod.. its the build quality of the headphones! i've been using ex71's since mini disc players; and the right channel has blown like 7 or 8 times... thats a crap load of money i've spent over the years on these phones.. but i really like them so i re-buy them every time they blow. i tried bose tri-ports, but i really thought they were flimsy (and big), so i returned them.

NO WAY. u talk a load of crap. i have used a set of sony earfones in a sony mp3 player and a 1000W hifi for years, i put them in the ipod and it blows em up. conincendence.

BULL**** quality of the headfones, its the ipod, it outputs more on one channel than the other causing output problems therefore damaging equipment.

btw, just to make a point look at this:

$ per gb:

ipod shuffle (512mb): $258 :rofl:

ipod shuffle (1gb): $169

ipod mini (4gb): $62.50

ipod mini (6gb): $53.33

ipod nano (2gb): $124.50

ipod nano (4gb): $74.75

ipod (20gb): $18.95

ipod (60gb): $8.65

ipod u2 (20gb): $20.95

(All prices are in Canadian Dollars)

btw, figured out these figures by taking the prices of the ipods and dividing by how many ever gb's it had

Edited by thenewbrgnewman

not really sure why but the most mp3 music that i can ever listen to at a time is like 30 tracks... and anything that is over 1GB can like more than 500 tracks which is too much, who would listen to that much of song...

last of all, the mp3 player is ussally always in my pocket so why need one that looks pretty, i know when you first got your hand on it, you would be like, dang i got the whole world in my hand but then after a few days, it just the same as any other mp3 player, only difference is the price...

One question. Why the hell did you waste money on a nano when you already have a mini?

586527221[/snapback]

[rant]

Another question why did you spend your money on a iPod period? Personally Ive heard a 4G, a mini, and a color and they all sound like crap (using Sony headphones)

Another thing.......this review is (im sorry) very crappy; you talk about the iPod but not its sound quality or how much accually its battery lasts.

A (better) alternative: iRiver U10 (A 6GB/10GB version is coming out later)

Edited by rIaHc3

uh .. sound quality will more or less be the same as every other iPod, his review was on spot talking about physical appearance..

the u10 does look interesting, but it performs different functions, and costs a bit more form what i remember (its for playing movies? [albeit on a tiny screen] and is no where near as small a form factor which is the main draw for the nano product)