Bill Gates Keynote at the Microsoft PDC

In a live keynote from Los Angeles at the world?s premier event for software developers, Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates unveils the next generation of software application opportunities, featuring important technical previews of the next version of Microsoft Office, code-named "Office 12," and Microsoft Windows Vista, formerly code-named "Longhorn."

300Kbps

100Kbps

56Kbps

Time zone offset: UTC - 7 hours

PDT is 7 hours behind of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

but on the official website of pdc'05, it says the event will start at 8:30 A.M. Pacific (confirmed it's a.m.) albeit of that in the picture.

post-87314-1126583612_thumb.jpg

Edited by LovingU

Connected to the stream but this is what I get? :unsure:

That screenshot didn't capture what's happening on my screen, all the colors are weird psychodelic.

How much longer till it starts? I'm in a different time zone.

post-87314-1126578474_thumb.jpg

586516781[/snapback]

Hmm on mine the colors are all wrong and back to front, shimmering colors. :/

Ok - it was Media Player 9 that was at fault. Installed MP10 and all is fixed. Thanks

Straight from PDC website

Bill Gates? keynote will be broadcast live and available on-demand. Watch it here on September 13, 2005 at 8:30am.

I hope it is not delayed by 12 hrs due the power problems in LA:no:o:

Man, how come they still don't have HD webcasts like Apple does?

586517401[/snapback]

Apple's webcast are not in HD, they are just using H.264 for encoding. :rolleyes:

Try the latest one for nano, max you get is 640x360 I think.

In fact my iBook G4 (<1 yr) can't play most of the HD stuff on QT's website. it would be foolish to force HD when their laptop line + mac mini can barely handle the load.

Apple's webcast are not in HD, they are just using H.264 for encoding.  :rolleyes:

Try the latest one for nano, max you get is 640x360 I think.

In fact my iBook G4 (<1 yr) can't play most of the HD stuff on QT's website. it would be foolish to force HD when their laptop line + mac mini can barely handle the load.

586517418[/snapback]

Yeah, ok. You're right. But 640x360 H.264 is still miles better than a crappy 300kbps stream. Microsoft, the big game player, could at least manage a 700kbps stream.

All the HD stuff works fine on my laptop. But then again, I have no Apple. Though I tried them out in the Apple Store here in London. And it works fine.