cant get hotmail to work........

do you get this when u log into the hotmail website or when u go directly to ur inbox through messenger? I've used hotmail for ages and never had any problems like that.

Thats strange, i would suggest emailing hotmailing, but of course if ur email doesnt work thats not possible. Have you tried logging into hotmail on a different pc, it could just be a problem with ur pc, if u still have a problem then u need to get in contact with them, somehow.

Strange, all i can suggest is that if u haven't already downloaded all the fixes for IE 6 and get the service pack 1 for I.E. 6 go and get them, assuming of course your running internet explorer 6 and not a superior web browser like opera 6 which i use. Or if your particularly desperate reinstalling windows solves most problems

Hotmail? Yuck! Just use Mail.com instead! I used to use Hotmail until I could no longer get into my account. Hotmail is the most unreliable e-mail account service ever.

Yeah download all the fixes on windowsupdate.com, if that fails I had a problem recently with hotmail, it was because of increasing the security settings for cookies, try decreasing these settings (thats if you're logging in through messenger, it probably won't help logging in at hotmail.com.)

Okay i know hotmail sucks and M$ are making it worse all the time as they try to force people to pay for it, but i got it because i liked the way it told me through messneger when i got new email and now i cant be bothered to go through the hassle of changing to a different email address and telling everyone the new address and everything

when i try to do windows update i get this message:

Your current Security settings prohibit Running ActiveX controls on this page, as a result, the page may not dispay correctly

any ideas?

Originally posted by iconman

I can access hotmail perfectly :alien:

same here :p

so try to get all your patches for ie and then try again, restart, and try again...

Ok, try internet options and if you've already changed security, and privacy settings down to a minimum, go into advanced and click restore defaults. If this fails most of the internet explorer updates should be available if you go to http://catchup.cnet.com , you will need to download the catchup software and then it will run and detect all available updates for your software.

If your desperate to use hotmail on ur pc u can either install one of the leaked service packs (assuming u use Win XP), use system restore to a point before hotmail stopped working, do a repair installation, or do a clean install, and i'd try them in that order.

if ur running Win me or Win XP just go into accessories->system tools and select system restore and select a restore point from b4 u had this problem