cant get hotmail to work........

okay in step by step, clcik on the start button, in the start menu go to accessories, then go to system tools, then click on system restore. You are then presented with a screen that asks you to either "restore my computer to an earlier time", or to create a restore point, choose restore my computer to an earlier time then hit okay. It then comes up with a calendar, click on the 10th of july, if u cant click on that day then click on the nearest one to the 10th, then on the right hand side is a list of restore points created on that day, select one then click on next, i can't guide u any further without restoring my own pc, but it will all be self explanatory after that.

in that case u cant use system restore because you disabled it, so you'll have to re-install windows as a result, u can just do a repair install though and u wont lose any of ur settings.

You need to put the cd and make sure your pc is set in the bios to boot from the cd before the hard disk, then when it boots from the cd it detect windows XP is installed and gives u several options, press r for repair and it will repair windows XP, after you have done this you will need to run windows update and get all the updates you need again as it gets rid of all the updates by doing this.

No, if you choose repair you shouldn't have to re-install anything, it just replaces the important files in windows with the original versions, it still remembers everything that was installed, just running windows update should be the only thing u need to do afterwards

i hope it works :-D

gotta wait till tomorrow though.......my friend is coming over to do it for me.............

he thinks its nothing big....he said it might be my outlook express settings

well i can log in to my hotmail accounts throught Hotmail.com, and use messenger, BUT i cant use Outlook Express to access my hotmail, it just sits there checking, and sometimes asks me for the password, which i know is correct. and this is a fresh install of xp

Originally posted by WarranT

i cant get my hotmail working.........

this is what it shows

https://loginnet.passport.com/ppsec...uth.srf?lc=1033

Make sure you login as "Administrator" acount. "Administrator" acount solved many of my problems.

Make sure you log off. In the welcome screen in xp pro, press ctrl + alt + delete. And logon as "Administrator" and type Administrator password, if you did not supply Administrator password , then leave the password blank.

this can be your only solution

peace,

shafi

Originally posted by WarranT

ya im logged on as administator :-D

i deleted the other accounts so i just have administrator

Then you have wierd problem with your OS.