Sex toys at walmart?

Well this is odd, whats odder is the name they are using for it. But I'm not surprised. As for the comments about Canadians complaining about it? Wont happen. Canadians are far less uptight about these things (including censorship) than Americans are. Proof of that is just by listening to our radio stations (most of which do not censor swear words, and those that do stop filtering after 9pm)

Well this is odd, whats odder is the name they are using for it. But I'm not surprised. As for the comments about Canadians complaining about it? Wont happen. Canadians are far less uptight about these things (including censorship) than Americans are. Proof of that is just by listening to our radio stations (most of which do not censor swear words, and those that do stop filtering after 9pm)

586566691[/snapback]

well said.

I like our un-edited and relaxed attitude towards these things. I would hate to live in an uptight country that just banned everything because it was 'different'.

Mm.... nice.. I can't wait to see if ladies will stand in front of the big steel basket (like those 4.99 DVD piles), picking out the cheapest and the most appealing sexual well-being objects haha

Wal-Mart.. always low price.

Mm.... nice.. I can't wait to see if ladies will stand in front of the big steel basket (like those 4.99 DVD piles), picking out the cheapest and the most appealing sexual well-being objects haha

Wal-Mart.. always low price.

586577215[/snapback]

lol...i actually pictures that in my mind.. :)

*NFC speeds to wal mart and replenishes his stash

586575840[/snapback]

You do realize that there is nothing wrong with a guy having a stash of dildo.. besides, double the fun for the woman.. yours and the sensual well-being object :rolleyes:

This is just strange to read this morning as my girlfriend and my sister were at wal-mart up here in Alberta just yesterday picking up some things.......makes me wonder if they are selling them at our local store already. lol. Gonna hafta call her at work and ask if she seen anything that uhh, stood out? at wal-mart yesterday. :p

Seriously though, there are so many pr0n shops around here that selling sex toys at wal-mart isn't going to make a difference. Sides, no one really cares anyways. Even if those super tight old school people were to protest and make some noise wal-mart is just gonna go ahead and do what they want. What cracks me up is that this American mega-store sees the market and is just going to cater to those who want this. I'm sure they've done their research on this and are expecting a profit considering that most mom's go to wal-mart during the day, while the little ones are at school and young couples do some shopping there as well.

Business wise it is a bold and smart move for a time when people are very open with sexuality, more than ever.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and bring some store shots as wal-mart whips em out to the public.......

They're probably going to be locked up with the expensive or frequently stolen merchandise. You're going to need an associate with a key to open up the case. I can hear the announcement over the loudspeaker now... "can I have an associate with a key over to the sexual well-being products? Thank you."

This is sick! Wal-Mart selling sex toys! There is no way my local one starts selling this. I guess they're smart enough to understand that selling those would be offensive to the general population. I mean c'mon! When you're doing family shopping with the kids, y'all don't want to have to plan your route ahead so as to avoid that aisle, where kids will all be asking about the new toys... I think American Wal-Marts have sense enough to not cross that line.

If somebody wants this kind of thing, well then sex shops are the right place to get those! Not frigging Wal-Mart!

Edited by texasjoe

This is sick! Wal-Mart selling sex toys! There is no way my local one starts selling this. I guess they're smart enough to understand that selling those would be offensive to the general population. I mean c'mon! When you're doing family shopping with the kids, y'all don't want to have to plan your route ahead so as to avoid that aisle, where kids will all be asking about the new toys... I think American Wal-Marts have sense enough to not cross that line.

If somebody wants this kind of thing, well then sex shops are the right place to get those! Not frigging Wal-Mart!

586580436[/snapback]

It's not that american wal-marts have sense enough...i mean it is still wal-mart, it's not like canadians have a different organization controlling wal-marts in canada... it's just that most americans are closed minded and taboo about things such as sexuality, where as most canadians aren't. I'm not trying to turn this into a US vs. Canada thread, but like someone else said, it is a hell of alot better to sell sex toys then sell guns and/or any other weapon. How would sex toys be offensive to the general public, i'm sure you won't find someone dressed in a big stuffed dildo suit as soon as you walk in promoting them. It's like anything else, rather then whine about it, just dont go to that ONE aisle. Also, if your kids are asking about the "new toys", i would think that it's a parenting issue rather than a walmart issue because either 1. they are too young to even know what sex toys are let alone ask about them 2. They are old enough to know what they are but because of being such a taboo subject it was never discussed to them.

Edited by Bubbabyte

So, have they started selling them yet? Afterall, if the headline says soon, I would expect them to have them in the store soon.

I don't see what the whole problem would be with selling this merchandise anyways. Heck, some stip per bars even in the city (usually in the country side though) have big pictures of nude women but they pass the city by-laws. If its not against local, city, province or federal law there's not much people 'should' be able to do to stop this. After thinking about this since I last posted, I wouldn't expect much opposition in Canada. Because the stores are smaller though, Shoppers might have a problem.

I don't see the problem, they sell massaging wands, it's basically the same thing. The product shouldn't imply the use, you can buy beer and cook chicken with it, you could buy a vibrator and massage your neck with it, and I know a few women that would prefer to have their neck massaged than use a vibrator down there.

586580436[/snapback]

Do you know what is worse? I hear that some Wal-Marts sell guns. Guns! Can you believe it?