Free DivX Create

yeah i just did it and got my email immediately with the serial number in it..so it works.  i'm wondering (haven't installed it yet) what's the difference between this and dr. divx?

586591340[/snapback]

I love your avatar. I love the text under it... rawr!

As for this thread; DivX? Nyeh. XviD!

Cheers for the info mate. Btw, if you want to change the folder your converted movies are saved to, there's a tool available here --> DivXMoviesFolderChangerTool.exe great name, certainly couldn't mistake that app for anything else. :p also, if you need them to be in the avi format (for playback in WMP etc,) just change your converted movies from *.divx to *.avi..........voila.

I love your avatar. I love the text under it... rawr!

As for this thread; DivX? Nyeh. XviD!

586592028[/snapback]

lol thanks..nice to see fans of both

Hmm well I tried with two hotmail accounts and neither got a serial, but when I tried with my other non-homail email I got a serial instantly..:)

Dan

586592683[/snapback]

Can anyone else also confirm this? It would mean free email services dont work :no:

Can anyone else also confirm this? It would mean free email services dont work :no:

586592726[/snapback]

I got one sent to gmail and one to a free u.k yahoo address. I'll try my free hotmail addy right now (u.k again.) Nope, hasn't arrived as of now. will edit this post in about 5.

Edit as of xx:30 (xx being your particular timezones hour) : Still not recieved it, i think it's a hotmail issue over a divx one as the mails are auto generated.

Edited by Complimentary Medicine

FYI for those new to the divx converter

Attention XP SP2 users... DEP (Data Execution Protection)

If your getting the following errors:

* The Dr. DivX installer may exit before installation is completed

* The DivX Pro codec may not appear in the list of available video compressors

* Right-clicking files in Windows Explorer may cause Explorer to crash

You have to disable DEP in XP sp2 and then install the divx converter

http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx.cfg/p...li=&p_topview=1

If your working with Mpeg2 (dvd) sources the audio may be AC3 or LPCM format which does not included with the divx Converter. They do have links to freeware / opensources that work

AC3 Filter

LPCM Filter

Also there is a program called the big fix that fix a lot of issues espically if you have other decoders installed and to automatically repair them.

(The download link is buried down near the bottom of the page).

FYI for those new to the divx converter

Attention XP SP2 users... DEP (Data Execution Protection)

If your getting the following errors:

* The Dr. DivX installer may exit before installation is completed

* The DivX Pro codec may not appear in the list of available video compressors

* Right-clicking files in Windows Explorer may cause Explorer to crash

You have to disable DEP in XP sp2 and then install the divx converter

Wrong. Did you bother to read the link you posted...?

Update (6/14/2005): DivX 6.0, DivX Pro 6.0, and DivX Converter have been released. These versions are compatible with Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and can be downloaded from www.divx.com. Please follow the guidelines below only if you wish to use older versions of these products on Windows XP SP2.

In other words, this free DivX giveaway DOES NOT have issues with Windows XP SP2.

The information is buried at the top of the page. You know, where you can you can see it. :hmmm:

I got one sent to gmail and one to a free u.k yahoo address.  I'll try my free hotmail addy right now (u.k again.) Nope, hasn't arrived as of now.  will edit this post in about 5.

Edit as of xx:30 (xx being your particular timezones hour) : Still not recieved it, i think it's a hotmail issue over a divx one as the mails are auto generated.

586592747[/snapback]

well its true

tried with my gmail and it worked, nothing in hotmail yet

I posted this comment in the news alert from the software news page:

I used a hotmail address and got my serial in less than 5 minutes. People need to check their junk mail settings or simply just wait.. the DivX server is no doubt slammed with this news.

I think it's a hotmail issue.. one that must have just cropped up over the last few hours.

Wrong. Did you bother to read the link you posted...?

In other words, this free DivX giveaway DOES NOT have issues with Windows XP SP2.

The information is buried at the top of the page. You know, where you can you can see it. :hmmm:

586592892[/snapback]

I knew it was an issue when I bought the Dr.Divx -> Convert upgrade xmas special.

I got caught up in how late I found the news wanted to try to help people that I did overlook, thank you for correcting me,

Also posts about the audio codec and Mpg2/DVD would be cool if you upgrade to the MP2 plugin that does not come with the free version...

But at least the big fix program link will help a bit at least.