Mobile Device Desktops

I just started installing apps and everything into my phone (Droid 2 Global), does anyone know how to install themes and recommend a theme too pls. BTW it's rooted.

• 2 weeks later...

My HTC Desire running the Miui Rom (Android 2.2)

Left screen - has notes on which I have removed for the screenshot

Middle screen - has the apps I want quick access to

Right screen - has other apps i use frequently with everything else in folders.

The dock at the bottom has the phonebook, sms inbox, phone dialer, email, calander and the web browser.

Unlike other roms Miui has no app draw, everything is put on your home screen after installing.

myhtcdesire.png

My SGS II updated :p

sgs2_pluslockscreen_update1.png

Ditched Pure Calendar Agenda in favour of Smooth Calendar as I now much prefer looking at my month and calendar event list in Samsung's Calendar app via clickthrough smoooth the Smooth widget which is bloody amazing compared to others (stock Android & HTC*). The layout is far better and in Month view you can actually see stuff more directly as an overview.

Stock calendar look&feel:

Sorry about the fps, the video was recorded using ShootMe which is Fraps for Android but only supports 10fps for screencasting at the moment! Can't wait til the app supports dual core phones for 30fps recording :D

*The last time I checked out the HTC Calendar was on the DHD, so if things have changed in Sense 3.0 then please correct me!

My SGS II updated :p

sgs2_pluslockscreen_update1.png

Ditched Pure Calendar Agenda in favour of Smooth Calendar as I now much prefer looking at my month and calendar event list in Samsung's Calendar app via clickthrough smoooth the Smooth widget which is bloody amazing compared to others (stock Android & HTC*). The layout is far better and in Month view you can actually see stuff more directly as an overview.

Stock calendar look&feel:

Sorry about the fps, the video was recorded using ShootMe which is Fraps for Android but only supports 10fps for screencasting at the moment! Can't wait til the app supports dual core phones for 30fps recording :D

*The last time I checked out the HTC Calendar was on the DHD, so if things have changed in Sense 3.0 then please correct me!

Not sure if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs here, but you know on Smooth Calendar you can set it to automatically go to the calendar without that 3 button menu first. In the settings just untick the 'Show Menu' box.

Not sure if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs here, but you know on Smooth Calendar you can set it to automatically go to the calendar without that 3 button menu first. In the settings just untick the 'Show Menu' box.

I am aware of this, I prefer to have the menu as I don't /always/ want to load the calendar but instead refresh it or enter settings without having to go into the app tray for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first screenshot of my iPhone 4. I have it for exactly a week now and I'm really loving it. It's a huge leap going from the HTC Desire to the iPhone 4.

iPhone_29-06-2011.png

(I've resized the original image so that it doesn't break the forum page.)