How do you pronounce GB?

First off, "pronouction" is not a word. You've used it several times, and I hoped it was a typo. Guess it wasn't. I'll assume you mean pronunciation. "ALPHABITISM" isn't a word either, but that's a little easier to decode.

Second, as for this topic, it's pronounced GIG A BITE. Not Gega, Jega, jima, Jamma-Jamma, or Jiggy jiggy fly fresh...however you and everyone you know pronounce it as. You and they are wrong, sorry. In ENGLISH, you know, that language you are butchering, it is what it is. Learn it or don't use it, and certainly don't get all ****y because you are wrong and start saying the English language needs to be changed.

OK. :no:

Haha funny story. Back when I was still doing tech support for Apple, had a customer call in upset that his iPod wouldn't connect with his Windows PC. He kept referencing GHz as Jiggahertz, GB as Jiggabyte, etc.. He swore he was correct. Then he kept saying iTuners... had me on the floor.

As for me... Gigg-a-byte. Gigg... like gigity gigity gigity

First off, "pronouction" is not a word.  You've used it several times, and I hoped it was a typo.  Guess it wasn't.  I'll assume you mean pronunciation.  "ALPHABITISM" isn't a word either, but that's a little easier to decode.

Second, as for this topic, it's pronounced GIG A BITE.  Not Gega, Jega, jima, Jamma-Jamma, or Jiggy jiggy fly fresh...however you and everyone you know pronounce it as.  You and they are wrong, sorry.  In ENGLISH, you know, that language you are butchering, it is what it is.  Learn it or don't use it, and certainly don't get all ****y because you are wrong and start saying the English language needs to be changed.

OK.    :no:

586615595[/snapback]

I am not an english guy and i am not interresting to learn it very good.

And it's just my opinion.

its not good to have one pronouction for TWO DIFFERENT LETTER, and say it G in alphabetism no one will die because its rarely used as J.

Thank You.

I am not an english guy and i am not interresting to learn it very good.

And it's just my opinion.

its not good to have one pronouction for TWO DIFFERENT LETTER, and say it G in alphabetism no one will die because its rarely used as J.

Thank You.

586615727[/snapback]

Welcome to the English language. You will find here thousands upon thousands of examples whereby Letters and Words are pronounced differently even if on paper they are written the same.

Polish (The People from Poland) Pronounced Pole-ish

Polish (The Stuff you clean with) Pronounced Pol-ish

Is an easy example of two words written the same but pronounced differently depending on context.

I think that latin based languages may pronounce it as a mixture of 'sh' and 'ji' (a bit like how you're meant to prounounce [j]amais in French). At least they pronounce it like that in Portugal.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that latin based languages may pronounce it as a mixture of 'sh' and 'ji' (a bit like how you're meant to prounounce [j]amais in French). At least they pronounce it like that in Portugal.

586615812[/snapback]

We generally pronounce it like "heega byte" :yes:

It starts with a "G" so obviously "Giga" like in "Gigolo" or "Ginger".

586674551[/snapback]

Uh, what? Those two words are pronounced like they have J's you 'tard! :laugh: