AUS .V. WORLD XI

first one day match coming up

world eleven barely beat Victoria which is quite bad imo as victoria r crap but it will be a good series....i have nothing to say as yet there hasnt been much publicity

ur opiions??

my opinion is cricket is lame.

586622898[/snapback]

+1 to the list of stupid people. There is no need for that comment, other than to grow your e-penis through more posts if thats your thing...

But anyway, I'm just hoping for some good all round cricket. I'm glad to see Vettori in the team :)

Can't wait for the test match and Warne vs The World

my opiion is that australia will win. i'm going to the game so i cant wait :D

586613079[/snapback]

i dont relly care hu wins its jus cool to watch em play much lyk the tsunami match....im goin to test so wah *pokes tongue out* :p

i sohuld have made it a poll

Bleh I was at work

still the result is great

Am I the only one that feels the super sub goes against alot of what cricket is about. I mean having a sub that you can bring on to bat or bowl....To me it just seems as a way to remove your weakest link player durring key momeents in the game, like getting rid of glen mcgragh from the batting lineup by using someone else and then making a "super sub" to take a batsmen off the field and replace em with a bowler (ie glen) or something later on.

I didnt see the match so didnt see how the super subs were used, but what I heard of it that seems to be how its intended to be used or something. meh

I duno, it seems like a bad idea to me.

I can't understand how Watson got Man of the Match, granted I didn't actually see the game. But Mcgrath looked like he did better, 7 Overs 2 for 13. At the start of the innings that basically rockets the required run rate. Hell, even Vettori had better figures than Watson :/

I can't understand how Watson got Man of the Match, granted I didn't actually see the game. But Mcgrath looked like he did better, 7 Overs 2 for 13. At the start of the innings that basically rockets the required run rate. Hell, even Vettori had better figures than Watson :/

586629415[/snapback]

yeah vetorri kinda batted betta as well...there was no real stand out playa

yeah I noticed that too. No single player won or lost the game for either team, Australia only had one batsmen to score above 50 and the world team actually had the top scorer. The AU lineup was more consistant.

And yeah I'm glad that thats how it went, I still feel like we lost the ashes based on the inconstant batting performances and we relied to much on 1 or 2 ppl an innings to build a total. One day vs test is very different, but hopefully its a sign of things to come.

I agree with Jerry, I hope the World XI put the Aussies in their place.

586636391[/snapback]

Yes... It doesn't hurt to dream I suppose. Heck, even the poms were due to score one off us eventually. 1 out of 18 ain't bad eh? :laugh:

Australia dismisses the World XI. 9/273 off 45.3 overs. Well played guys!

Go World XI, put Australia in their place (second). :D

Btw, stamps issued by the Royal Mail to celebrate England's Ashes success.

54091.jpg

586635557[/snapback]

I agree with Jerry, I hope the World XI put the Aussies in their place.

586636391[/snapback]

doesnt seem lyk the world XI have done that

oh wel..............lololol :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

DUNNO. MAYBE I IS TEH WIN. MAYBE AUS. WILL T3H win.

no seriously, what's up with this aussie obsession about cricket? i'll zap onto eurosports and see if there's anything interesting on.

DUNNO. MAYBE I IS TEH WIN. MAYBE AUS. WILL T3H win.

no seriously, what's up with this aussie obsession about cricket? i'll zap onto eurosports and see if there's anything interesting on.

586636753[/snapback]

Why shouldn't they be? The Aussies are the best team in the game today. I'm not sure if it's the national sport of Australia.

Edited by BigGiantHead

Yes... It doesn't hurt to dream I suppose. Heck, even the poms were due to score one off us eventually. 1 out of 18 ain't bad eh? :laugh:

Australia dismisses the World XI. 9/273 off 45.3 overs. Well played guys!

586636635[/snapback]

Dream? Maybe its time for some people to come back to reality. :p Dropping players, taking drastic steps etc. sounds like the approach of a team going down.

England, Pakistan, New Zealand, Srilanka are all on the up. :)

Its pathetic that the World XI couldnt pull it off. Guess I'm one step closer to winning my bet. :happy:

We loose ONE series and you all think we are on the down. Seriously England didnt smash us in the Ashes as much as you would have yourselves believe. You won and congrats but 3 of the games came down to the wire, another we won, it was hardly what I would call a dominating performance.

Seriously, come back when your team has won more games. As said we won the last 18 ashes and while that might mean nil to you since you have the last one, the fact of the matter is that we have been winning more games than other teams in the world in recent times (say the past 12 months).

I think a team can loose 3 games and not be considered "on the down". As for dropping players, thats natural and when you have the strength on the sideline that we do then we can afford to kick a player or two. The teams hardly changed in the past 12 months. Infact the ability to interchange players is a strength in a team...its certainly not a weakness.