AUS .V. WORLD XI

Indeed. Perhaps when England is able to dominate cricket for as long as the Australians then just maybe they'll be recognized as the world champions. It is going to take far more than a single ashes win, (your first in 18 attempts) to "put Australia in their place" as you say.

The fact of the matter is Australia has earned their place on the top. We have consistenly dominated the sport year after year by beating the best sides in the game. Were it the other way around, then the World XI would be facing off against England right now.

I just think it's absurd the way you guys are bashing the Australians for losing the ashes. We lose ONE series and suddenly it's all doom and gloom for us. lol Get over yourselves. You have my most sincere congratulations on your win, but It is hardly cause for a swollen head OR to put down the aussies.

The rivaly between these two sides is just plain ridiculous at times.

Why shouldn't they be? The Aussies are the best team in the game today. I'm not sure if it's the national sport of Australia.

Yes, it is the nationally recognized sport of Australia.

Edited by Keldyn

what a shame world xi has blown away by Aussies....Australia is the best team in the world but this type of dominance is not good for cricket it self....

This should have been tight contest than just single sided....Current score is 120/8

In my opinion there are only two sides in the world who can beat Aussies when at full strength and playing well. England and India in India......

Oh and I think this world xi thing is a failure they did not played as a unit.

In my opinion there are only two sides in the world who can beat Aussies when at full strength and playing well. England and India in India......

586646146[/snapback]

I wish that were always true. Australia did win against India in India last time around. Though we always give them a good contest. We nearly beat them in Oz in 2003 (sigh).

I think it's too soon to describe the World XI as a failure. There wasn't enough time for them to gel as a team, let alone play as a team against the best team in the world.

Pathetic by the World XI, I expected a better fight than that!

586646438[/snapback]

I thought the World XI would put up a much tougher fight.

Cricket is our biggest International sport.

Dont know if AFL is bigger then Cricket though.

I say if your good, your good but no one is perfect.

BigGiantHead

Read my post carefully. When the two teams are playing full....

Yes Australia did beat India in India last time BUT one test was a washout in Madras where I think India would have won and second they weren't playing there best cricket India that is there were dispute in the team and remember Harbhjan singh came out in the media at that time and said 'one has to play from the heart' and he was having a go at his team mates. And the next test at Bomaby was a classic and India beat them....

I think a team can loose 3 games and not be considered "on the down". As for dropping players, thats natural and when you have the strength on the sideline that we do then we can afford to kick a player or two. The teams hardly changed in the past 12 months. Infact the ability to interchange players is a strength in a team...its certainly not a weakness.

586645811[/snapback]

Awesome point, too bad that isnt true. Compare Australia's current bench strength to the one 2 years back. If some people might actually remember Australia had to use a "rotation policy". It is clear now that the awesome bench stength that Australia boasted of doesnt exist anymore. If it existed then Australia may not have thought a billion times about dropping Hayden in the Ashes. :rofl: :happy:

We loose ONE series and you all think we are on the down. Seriously England didnt smash us in the Ashes as much as you would have yourselves believe. You won and congrats but 3 of the games came down to the wire, another we won, it was hardly what I would call a dominating performance.

586645811[/snapback]

England "smashed" Australia in the Ashes. Yes they came down to the wire, but look how many days/sessions England dominated. Australian performance was really really sub-par even by Bangladesh's standards (remember that game? :rofl: ). More than 20 catches dropped, 5-6 wickets on no-balls, 60-70 wickets lost because of poor shots etc. Just look up the stats. Australians blaming substitutes, umpires, whine, whine .. :laugh: It simply wasnt as "competitive" as you think.

I just think it's absurd the way you guys are bashing the Australians for losing the ashes. We lose ONE series and suddenly it's all doom and gloom for us. lol Get over yourselves. You have my most sincere congratulations on your win, but It is hardly cause for a swollen head OR to put down the aussies.

586646016[/snapback]

I bash the Australian team because I think they deserve it. They were my fav team until their success got to their heads. I never support any player/team who has an air about themselves.

Unless Australia starts winning consistently world-wide again, the question marks remain. (Or if you find replacements for McGrath & Warne :woot: )

586646146[/snapback]

Yep, they should have scheduled practice matches against local teams just like they do for a regular series.

BigGiantHead

Read my post carefully. When the two teams are playing full....

Yes Australia did beat India in India last time BUT one test was a washout in Madras where I think India would have won and second they weren't playing there best cricket India that is there were dispute in the team and remember Harbhjan singh came out in the media at that time and said 'one has to play from the heart' and he was having a go at his team mates. And the next test at Bomaby was a classic and India beat them....

586646695[/snapback]

mkol

That may be true, but in the end, it's the result that counts.

Anyways, yes the last match in Bombay ws a classic. It was so much fun to hear the hue and cry the Aussies raised (especially Ricky Ponting), unplayability of the pitch and all that. Harbhajan's performance was awesome.

Do you think the Ashes series or the Border-Gavaskar series is better? I can't wait for the next time around.

I luv watching any series with Australia in it, because they are so pure in their cricket and towards the fans is well....

Every player wears his heart on his baggy green and I luv that pride....Something Indians don't do....

Which series I luv than it has to be border-gavaskar series only because the amount of skill levels and pure cricket these two teams produce.....

For the ashes it was a one way traffic for 18 years.....now the second series in 18months time will give us idea....

Now we might have a match of this sort (or like the Tsunami fund match -- World 11 Vs Asia 11). ACC (Asia Cricket Council) plans a match and all the money made will go as Charity.

Looks like the test matches will be tighter...

World XI dismissed Aus for 6/331...

586669762[/snapback]

y do u have dismissed there........

anywyz atm it no ones game...i think its up to world xi's batting that who'll decide teh fate

Flintoff takes 3 and a Dravid run out. Aussies 345 All Out.

Superb bowling in the early morning from Freddy!

Is anyone else up watching this its 2 30 over here (UK) and im staying up for it :p

Or am i the only person this sad?

y do u have dismissed there........

anywyz atm it no ones game...i think its up to world xi's batting that who'll decide teh fate

586669968[/snapback]

Lol, dunno what I was thinking there :p

This series didn't live up to its hype. Besides Murli and Vettori, all of the others were total faliure. They never played like one team, they were always 12 individuals. And I also don't agree witht the selection of some players.

post-2-1132512940_thumb.jpg

I must say that Rahul Dravid some very good shots... He's the man who can guide World XI to victory and I rate him higher than Sachin Tendulkar...

Everyone performed poorly... but Inzamam got the lowest of all... an average of 0.5...

Australia crush World XI by 210 runs... Poor Inzamam! :(