YAY! Apple releases new imac, ipod, etc.

When you buy a show or a music video, the resolution is the same as the iPod screen, so doesn't it look horrible if your show it fullscreen on your 20" imac or your tv. Can you do that with the new iPod, stream videos from your ipod to your tv through a cord of some kind?

Apple has released many good hardware designs recently. Their nano and iPod designs were great, but I hate the vendor lock in, lack of different media formats, and the fact that it still lacks things that my iRiver has like an fm tuner and the ability to encode mp3 on the fly from a line in source. Ever since the mini I've contemplated getting a mac, and this iMac design is wonderful as well, but I can never justify getting one. I have a pc that does everything I need. It can check my email, browse the internet, run all the games I like (very important) and has not really had any security problems. Now Tiger and iLife look nice and all, but I really can't think of a reason to fork over $500+ just for them.

the imac is looking really sweet, but does anyone know if you can output video to a TV from the imac? because thats? one of the biggest selling points of my current PC setup, i can output video to my 30" TV!

586663802[/snapback]

Why do people never bother to read Apple's tech spec pages? It's right there:

Video

Built-in iSight camera

VGA output port for video mirroring on external display or projector2 S-video and composite video output to connect directly to a TV or projector>

iMac tech specs page

When you buy a show or a music video, the resolution is the same as the iPod screen, so doesn't it look horrible if your show it fullscreen on your 20" imac or your tv. Can you do that with the new iPod, stream videos from your ipod to your tv through a cord of some kind?

586664197[/snapback]

Again, people don't ever read the tech spec pages that Apple provides:

Input and output

iPod

Dock connector

3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack

iPod Universal Dock

Dock connector

Audio and composite video output

S-video output

iPod tech specs

You have to have a dock to stream the video to your TV.

The resolution would be decent, although not stunning, since it's roughly the same as VCD (352x240 for VCD vs 320x240 for the iPod).

roadwarrior, you beat me to it ;)

I bought one of the Pixar movies (Luxo Jr. :D) and it looked fine played full screen @ 1680x1050. Not stunning, but quite watchable.

The thing that ****es me off, is the pricing... How does $1.99 translate to ?1.89? :mad: Ripoff Britain?

roadwarrior, you beat me to it ;)

I bought one of the Pixar movies (Luxo Jr. :D) and it looked fine played full screen @ 1680x1050. Not stunning, but quite watchable.

The thing that ****es me off, is the pricing... How does $1.99 translate to ?1.89? :mad: Ripoff Britain?

586671674[/snapback]

By the way, I was wrong when I said you needed a dock to stream from the iPod to a TV. Apple also sells a cable that goes straight from the headphone jack on the top of the iPod to a TV that does composite out + audio. I am not certain, but I'd be willing to bet it's similar to the one used for iBooks, if not identical.

The new iPod is great.... the ability to buy videos, or much better TV shows is awesome. That's just one thing that bothers me.... there's no such thing for "us" italians!!!! :angry:

On the italian music store you can't even buy a damn pixar video.... why Apple is doing that?!? I can understand TV shows (even if i wanted badly to buy the new Lost season, thank god we still have p2p... ;) ), but the videos, or the pixar movies?!? What am I gonna do with the new iPod!??

Those kind of things really **** me off, like the insane pricing we have here in europe compared to united states.... :angry: