Free Web Hosting

I've used Lifelesspeople before, and loved them. They also offer cPanel along with your hosting account. The only catch is that you have to get a certain number of points by posting on their forums once a month to keep the hosting.

www.2plans.com

? 1 GB Space

? 5 GB Data Transfer

? 20 Subdomains

? 10 FTP Account

? 10 Email Accounts

? 10 Email Lists

? Unlimited Email Forwarders

? 10 MYSQL Database

? 15 Park Domain

? 15 Add-on Domain

? Script Library.

? PHP-Perl-CGI Support

? FrontPage Extension

? Latest cPanel

? 24/7 Support

? Price: FREE

586778527[/snapback]

The catch, A 728 x 90 banner on:(our homepage. :(

But tha:) why its free :)

- Making note to self to update list this weekend ( off to work in a few minutes, no time no:(:( )

Thanks to everyone contributing to the list!&nbsp:happy:y:

586782846[/snapback]

Great job here, thanks for being such a great member!

http://www.roxr.com

200Mb Disk Space

30Gb Bandwidth Per Month

Unlimited FTP

Cpanel + Fantastico

10 MySQL Databases

5 Email Accounts

PHP, Perl, Cgi, etc

user.roxr.com

http://xmgfree.com

A subdomain of user.xmgfree.com

200 mb of space

2 gb of bandwidth transfer per month

15 MySQL databases

15 FTP & POP3 E-mail Accounts

cPanel X Control Panel

I've used Lifelesspeople before, and loved them. They also offer cPanel along with your hosting account. The only catch is that you have to get a certain number of points by posting on their forums once a month to keep the hosting.

586782731[/snapback]

I would not recommend this host to anyone!!

They have very strict rules and are not willing to let something slip.

Here is a story of when I was there:

I was not posting badly, but I got a PM one day saying that there was something I did not quote. There was supposedly a link in the PM to the post I had made to fix it, but it was a dead link. So, I PM'ed back the sender of the PM, and recieved no reply. I was banned from that forum, and that was only one offense, a very mild one at that. I understand that they do not want plagiarism, but they most they should have done was raise my warning level. I had emailed them, and after waiting a few days, I had gotten a reply. The email I had recieved said that "If you agree to follow these to the letter, I can reactivate your account for you." I agreed, and my account was not activated. Worst administration at all. They are very unfriendly.

The next host I went to was FusionXHost. They have great staff, and are very helpful. There are many methods of contact, including their personal instant messaging accounts. Also, Ryan, the main administrator, has coded the Hosting Control Panel himself. (theHCP.net).

Clint

LOl, quite a story there.

Thanks for the guide it helped me lols.

i really like sitelutions.com , its got good URL redirection, not sure if its been posted though. i use the .rr.nu :D

(Y) Excellent post! Looks like you did a lot of research I was going to have to do this weekend, talk about perfect timing! :woot:

some of this hosting providers dont make any sence at all: 100 MB of space and 300GB bandwitch, I mean come on!!  :huh:

586827542[/snapback]

Or they mean Mb or Gb, which is really small.

About xhost.info.......they have a very crude filtering system.

For instance the word or any word that contains 'bank' on a web page already gets that page automaticly deleted because it 'could' mean it belongs to a phishing site :blink:

About xhost.info.......they have a very crude filtering system.

For instance the word or any word that contains 'bank' on a web page already gets that page automaticly deleted because it 'could' mean it belongs to a phishing site  :blink:

586838025[/snapback]

Tight ship they run I suppose. :laugh:

Illusion FX Net - http://www.illusionfxnet.com/

250Mb with unlimited bandwidth. POP3 email. PHP, Perl, MySQL, PostgreSQL supported. Subdomain hosting.

Hello,

I am the Chief Technology Officer at Illusionfxnet and I would just like to say as of this spring we no longer offer free hosting. Over the last few months we have transitioned from free hosting to a commerical hosting company and we are doing amazingly well.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely, Phil

Hello,

I am the Chief Technology Officer at Illusionfxnet and I would just like to say as of this spring we no longer offer free hosting. Over the last few months we have transitioned from free hosting to a commerical hosting company and we are doing amazingly well.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely, Phil

586839518[/snapback]

Fancy replying to this on your forums? :>:

Last week I placed an order through to register my domain and for a hosting plan. It has been almost a week since and I have only recieved a few emails, one stating that I will recieve my IP as well as my logins, and the other is my reciept for the purchase. I have tried numerous ways of contacting the company so that I can get this thing rolling. On the support page there is a broken link to Live Chat, the email function is not working, the support tickets do not get answered, and the phone goes strait to voicemail. I have also posted in the forums and seen no response. What gets me the most is that my bank account reflects payment on both parts, registering the domain and the hosting plan, also I have done many checks to see if the domain has been registered and it has not been. I have used IFX in the past and have had a free web account for almost two years and the only hiccups were small server downtimes for a day at a time and then back up nothing big. I had hoped to come in and have the same great experience but at this point I do not recommend signing up with IFX and would advise against it.

-James

I am not a customer of yours...

BUT,

I was thinking of signing up for $25/yr plan, as it sounds pretty good.

BUT

The above post on your forums put me off.

I obviously don't want to part with my hard-earned cash if I'm gonna get ripped off (Been ripped of already this year!)

Sooooooooooo...

Thats the reason I posted it, to see what your course of action would be.

I have a domain that I need webspace for. How much is it for me to use my domain name on the $25/yr plan?

• 3 weeks later...