91 members have voted

1. 1. is it fair for the NBA to have a Dress code

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe

Dress code for NBA players announced

NBA Defends New Dress Code for Players

Proposed dress code doesn't suit some NBA players

think this is ok, and the NBA isnt say they have to wear a suit but dress in Nice dress shirt and nice dress pants.

the NBA is a job, and many NBA players wear suits on the beanch and coming in the stadium.

Cant wear

1)Sleveless shirts

2)Shorts

3)T-shirts

4)Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes.

5)Sunglasses while indoors

6)Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room).

7)Also jerseys and baseball caps will no longer be acceptable attire for postgame press conference.

what do you think.

I never thought that the NBA has had a problem with the way they dress. I would like to know who will be the first to break the rules.

did you guys hear marcus camby say that if there is going to be a dress code, that there will need to be a clothes stipend so he can afford to buy dress clothes? what an idiot....

the average salary in the nba is 5 mil per year.

did you guys hear marcus camby say that if there is going to be a dress code, that there will need to be a clothes stipend so he can afford to buy dress clothes?  what an idiot....

586691748[/snapback]

:laugh:

did you guys hear marcus camby say that if there is going to be a dress code, that there will need to be a clothes stipend so he can afford to buy dress clothes?  what an idiot....

586691748[/snapback]

Well now you have to consider he can't just go buy "any" suit. It would need to be diamond studded and have "spinners" in the buttons.

Thi is no longer America.

586694768[/snapback]

????????????????????????

This is something that all sports should have. I saw an interview with someone on sportscenter last night and he was saying that it's taking away their culture... Umm, no. Shut up.

Good.  Cleam up the thugs that aren't playing a bit.

586691766[/snapback]

thugs?

sad to hear such a silly post from a Super. Why are they thugs?

Companies have dress codes... NBA is a company... what's the problem?

You don't like the dress code, quit and get another job

586694872[/snapback]

I agree. What is wrong with the NBA trying to change it's image? After the NBA Brawl last season, they are tryin' to patch things up. Trying to get rid of the thug image might seem racist to some, but overall I think they wouldn't mind representing the NBA in a clean, groomed image.

????????????????????????

This is something that all sports should have.  I saw an interview with someone on sportscenter last night and he was saying that it's taking away their culture... Umm, no.  Shut up.

586694863[/snapback]

Thank God for conservatives :laugh:

I personally have mixed emotions about this. Players should be mature enough not to force NBA to even think about this, but I do think that the NBA has every right to do it though.

I agree. What is wrong with the NBA trying to change it's image? After the NBA Brawl last season, they are tryin' to patch things up. Trying to get rid of the thug image might seem racist to some, but overall I think they wouldn't mind representing the NBA in a clean, groomed image.

586694944[/snapback]

I don't see how the NBA wanting the players that represent them to dress professionally is racist?

People need to quit playing the damn race card...Pull the race card over something important, not this. For years the Dodgers had a dress code under Tommy Lasorda, but nobody was yelling about it. The NBA has a crap image after the brawls, drug use, incidents with the law etc...They're simply trying to clean up their image and have their players portray themselvesas professionals and not overgrown kids.

Its their job. Jobs have dress codes. When not on the job, they are free to dress as they wish. Wearing a collared shirt, slacks, and dress shoes is not a lot to ask. Also, coach's wear suits and sport coats on the sideline (not sure if this is a requirement), so why not players who are not playing? I don't see why players that are out don't wear their uniforms like baseball players.

Good.  Cleam up the thugs that aren't playing a bit.

586691766[/snapback]

I'm sorry last time i checked thugs are people that rob and steal, not play basketball for a living.

good Job (Y) keep playing youll get it someday.

I agree with the dress code. Some things I dont agree with but the overall majority I agree with it. In the NFL the players on the sidelines either wear the team jerseys or team hats and stuff. In the NBA they just wear whatever the hell they want. I am glad they are cleaning up the thuggish look in the NBA.