Looking for a digi cam

i'm looking to buy a digital camera with certain specifications...

firstly it's something i'd be carrying around alot so i'd like it to be small and preferably light. would like it to take memory cards and come with USB cables etc... also qutie good quality even when recording videos, and no 10 second video limit, recording sound for the videos aswell ive seen a camera that capures video but no sound. and finally something thats pretty cheap.

help appreciated.

1. almost all or all digital camera comes with usb cable to trasfert your files to your pc

2. they all use a memory card. The question could be, what type. Compact, xd, sd, memory stick, etc

3. for the video recordinf, many Bridge cameras have video recording and the number of seconds or minutes available is directly because of the size of your memory card used.

your friend is http://www.dpreview.com

• 1 month later...

yup yup, agree with what Pink Floyd have said, but some camera do have a limited time for video recording.

For memory card choice, i would prefer the SD card(cheap and fast) over the other few.

And if you are more onto video recording, i think it will be better to get a videocam instead of a camera. most camera got a problem to provide more than 30mins recording even with a 512card, and the quality cannot be compared to a videocam.

If you like video and camera, get a sony cybershot of some kind. i recommend the cybershot w5. great flash and great quality, along with 680x480 videos, better than tv quality when watched on tv. also the time limit is only limited by the amount of space on your memory stick. lukcily memory sticks are pretty cheap. i recommend 512mb - 1 gb. 1 gig is under 60 in some places. look around.

i'm looking to buy a digital camera with certain specifications...

firstly it's something i'd be carrying around alot so i'd like it to be small and preferably light. would like it to take memory cards and come with USB cables etc... also qutie good quality even when recording videos, and no 10 second video limit, recording sound for the videos aswell ive seen a camera that capures video but no sound. and finally something thats pretty cheap.

help appreciated.

Canon S2-IS

Cheap(as in as cheap as the aforementioned Sony)? No.

Worth it? Hell yes :)

i'd recommend the Canon S2IS, i'd recommend you my camera the Pansonic Lumix Fz5 ( highly recommended by Dpreview.com ), but is movie resolution is lower than the S2IS.

So if you have the money, head down for the Canon.

and yes i'd agree with Pink Floyd and ExplorerZ on this matter....

try checking out creative's divi cam..they look pretty good for video...