iPod 30GB Video Review

Quick quesiton. If you were to order a skin from www.bestskinever.com, is it thin enough to fit into the Universal Dock while it's on?

Most definately, it hardly adds any thickness to the iPod at all, a fraction of a millimeter maybe.

Thanks for the review! I hope to buy a 60 gb sometime soon. I am thinking about black, even though it gets scratched a lot.

I heard that the InvisibleShield is hard to apply... any truth to this?

I don't think the invisibleSHIELD is really that hard to apply, you just have to take your time and have patience. I'm currently in the process of using some Brasso to clean up my 30gig 5g iPod and for Christmas I'm going to get an invisibleSHIELD for it. Everything I have heard up to this point is to use more soap and water or whatever you use to apply it than you think. Just get it really wet so it can slide around and just sort of roll it on. I'll let you know later this month for myself :p

I don't think the invisibleSHIELD is really that hard to apply, you just have to take your time and have patience. I'm currently in the process of using some Brasso to clean up my 30gig 5g iPod and for Christmas I'm going to get an invisibleSHIELD for it. Everything I have heard up to this point is to use more soap and water or whatever you use to apply it than you think. Just get it really wet so it can slide around and just sort of roll it on. I'll let you know later this month for myself :p

Thanks! I'll look forward to your experience with the InvisibleShield. I'm in no rush to get an iPod, so it definitely won't be until at least mid-January when I get one.

Has anyone else heard that there is going to be an iPod Video 80 gb version? If so, I want to wait to get this one. I have *so much* music and movies that I might as well dish out a bit more for 20 extra gigs... better for the long run. I'd love to hear if anyone can confirm this "rumour" (or is it truth?)...

Thanks! I'll look forward to your experience with the InvisibleShield. I'm in no rush to get an iPod, so it definitely won't be until at least mid-January when I get one.

Has anyone else heard that there is going to be an iPod Video 80 gb version? If so, I want to wait to get this one. I have *so much* music and movies that I might as well dish out a bit more for 20 extra gigs... better for the long run. I'd love to hear if anyone can confirm this "rumour" (or is it truth?)...

I've heard nothing about an 80 gig 5G, but I don't see why something like that couldn't be released...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that some of you have had 30GB iPod for a while, I was wondering if you could give some advice on good FM transmitters. I was going to get a Monster iCarPlay but then I read the following reviews and other reviews on Amazon that are making me second guess getting it because of sound quality. What do you think? What would you get or what do you have?

iCarPlay (3 out of 5 stars): http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/25799

RoadTrip!+ (5 out of 5 stars): http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/23759

I would buy an iPod if it was 300 GiB and about 100 bucks

that I would buy

that I would buy

that I would buy

that I would buy

that I would buy

^

^

^

You're kidding, right? It will be years before a MP3 player @ $100 comes anywhere close to 300 GB.

You're kidding, right? It will be years before a MP3 player @ $100 comes anywhere close to 300 GB.

I'm tired of recompressing video.

On my tombstone it will read ...

Here lies the man who wasted billions of cpu cycles recompressing video

under that will be a picture of a rocket (random idea)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i own my 30gb ipod 5g since january now and all i can say is that id so statisfies me. no problems yet, video capability is not the best but yet enough for my family guy-seasons. and after putting season 2 and 4 on it it can still hold almost my entire music collection or better my itunes library.

and afterall it looks good and with decent headphoes the sound is just great.

yepyep. :)

i own the white one btw.

How many songs can you fit if most of them are around 192kbps?

I'm still keen on getting a next generation iPod Nano when they're released, hopefully they won't scratch like the current-gen do. :)

How many songs can you fit if most of them are around 192kbps?

I'm still keen on getting a next generation iPod Nano when they're released, hopefully they won't scratch like the current-gen do. :)

There is no such thing as scratch-proof material. No matter how careful you are with something, it will always acquire tiny hairline scratches. You just have to deal with it.