Request Removal Of Warp2Search Link

i just noticed that Faction was no longer a mod in the overclocking and modding forum (where i started out with the irdrawood incident) then it was like he was gone, a lot of people just stop posting for whatever reason, thats what i thought, i still dont know what happened (everything), but its really none of my business now is it.

Geronimo: love the family guy sig

Like I said before, because its unfair to treat one person diffrently from another...

Also it's not free speech, it's against the DMCA to circumvent copyright protection, and infact it Neowin does recommend the site, otherwise it wouldn't be there....

username, what do you want us to do? Publicly announce that he has been dismissed from his moderator status? There is no reason to do that, it's just like public humiliation.

Beside, we did not stop him from posting, it's his choice.

Originally posted by configure

username, what do you want us to do? Publicly announce that he has been dismissed from his moderator status? There is no reason to do that, it's just like public humiliation.

Like when banned members get the word "banned" put above their username ? Sounds humiliating to me.....

Like I said before, because its unfair to treat one person diffrently from another...

Also it's not free speech, it's against the DMCA to circumvent copyright protection, and infact it Neowin does recommend the site, otherwise it wouldn't be there....

Everyone knows this is dealing mainly to draw attention to Faction and how you feel he was treated badly. I will not take sides on the issues about how/why he left. I have nothing against him. He seems like a good guy to me.

However, why did you not make a big fuss and create a new thread when the orginal thread and link to those warez was posted? Why wait a few days? You are not helping the situation at all. Maybe if you feel there was an injustice then im,pm or email a mod. just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by configure

Exactly. We are not about to truss him up like a chicken and parade him around for everyone to point and jeer at. We are not like that...;) Regardless of what happened, we will treat faction with the same courtesy and respect we would anyone else.

And for the final time, it is a staff matter. It shall be discussed privately between the concerned parties. Period.

geez, no not at all, sorry if you took it that way, i just didnt know what happened (and this was a while ago too). Listen, i am not trying to start anything, i am out here.

Originally posted by SNN1978

Like when banned members get the word "banned" put above their username ? Sounds humiliating to me.....

Please suggest a way that a member can ID the banned member so that they won't get it mixed up with the regular member.

username, it's all good, I'm just making my point ;)

They deserve what they get, Faction's situation is different.

As for the Warp2Search link, I don't think we'll be removing the link after one article on their site linked to a warez site. We will look at it though.

Hmm, if we were to follow your suggestion SNN1978 then I had better go and ban you off these boards eh?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you are PM5K who is banned from these boards, the quality of your posts also backs up this assumption.

You were banned indefinitely and I would also put it to you to go somewhere else for your reading pleasure if you find Neowin unacceptable in the way it enforces its rules.

Yeah almost as annoying as people who continue to make an ass of themselves here. The troublemakers demand *way* more attention than "regular members" and take up alot more of our time.

That policy wont change. People who don't (and won't) respect Neowins community rules deserve no respect from its moderating body.

pluggz. its none of your business.. and if you seriously think we will start explaining ourselves everytime we make a decision you are wrong. Drop it. It does NOT concern you.

cheers i needed that link to get the activation remover tool haha, warp2search is a great site, u remove link and u remove er a great link....:right:

Originally posted by NeobondYeah almost as annoying as people who continue to make an ass of themselves here. The troublemakers demand *way* more attention than "regular members" and take up alot more of our time.

That policy wont change. People who don't (and won't) respect Neowins community rules deserve no respect from its moderating body.

So now constructuve criticism is being an ass ?

Originally posted by Neobond

Hmm, if we were to follow your suggestion SNN1978 then I had better go and ban you off these boards eh?[/Quote]

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you are PM5K who is banned from these boards, the quality of your posts also backs up this assumption.

You were banned indefinitely and I would also put it to you to go somewhere else for your reading pleasure if you find Neowin unacceptable in the way it enforces its rules.

[/b][/Quote]

Yes I am PM5K and I have't really tried to hide that.

The quality of my posts ? Spending most of my time helping people in the hardware forum reflects a low quality of posts ?

That's a really ****ty attitude to have, if you don't like it leave... What hapenned to taking constructive criticism and trying to make the site better ?

I don't see anything wrong with saying that everyone should be treated equally (and as a side note there was a really good reply you could have made that would have been professional and would have made sense, but you decided to take the low road).

I don't care if you are a moderator, a member nobody likes, a member everyone likes, or one of the top referrers to this site (Warp2Search) everyone should be treated equally....

You've shown poor judgement by allowing people who can give you something in return (Warp2Search/Hercules) to dictate the rules of this site and to buy your opinion.

Alright kiddiees :D calm down. It dosnt matter about my moderator status, i just didnt think it was justified at all. And i still believe voodoo just wanted to get rid of me. But never the less, all you admins mods etc are good guys, including voodoo :)

peace-

[edit: just noticed you removed my avatar, not that i care, but that is pretty fckin stupid. you guys are having little power trips heree....]

Originally posted by Faction

peace-

[edit: just noticed you removed my avatar, not that i care, but that is pretty fckin stupid. you guys are having little power trips heree....]

In all fairness we gave you enough time to change it to something more appropriate.

I don't like this attitude you have towards us when we have only been fair.

We could of demanded you change it weeks ago when you were demodded, but we didn't.

Look. Neowin has no control over what Warp2Search displays, one bad article does not necessarily prove to be adequate grounds for the removal of a link. The site may contain useful data. An similar example is for news organizations to not link to hacker groups even though they has more technical details on their specific news article.