Where do you buy your digicams?

Look in the back of a photography magazine.  You will see ads for several reputable dealers.

586737478[/snapback]

Yea, but those are rarely the cheapest place to get a digital camera from.

Thanks Whiffle, I'll be sure to check out newegg's selection.

Anybody bought from butterflyphoto.com lately? I can't really tell how good they are from resellerratings :wacko:

Yea, but those are rarely the cheapest place to get a digital camera from.

Thanks Whiffle, I'll be sure to check out newegg's selection.

Anybody bought from butterflyphoto.com lately?  I can't really tell how good they are from resellerratings  :wacko:

586737545[/snapback]

I bought from butterflyphoto earlier this year, february to be exact. No problems even with a return of a a95 for a g6. they didnt charge restocking fee for the exchange too.

I just bought a camera (Sony DSC-T7 black) from eBay and it was a pretty good price after looking around. But the shipping was kinda high. It hasn't arrived yet.

I've heard about ButterFlyPhoto, someone from a camera forum said it was just a warehouse somewhere in NY. He bought a camera from there and didnt have a problem. I dont really trust all of these NY base stores.

And those prices listed in the back of magazines are not always current. I went to one site and the price was much higher.

:huh: I bought a Nikon 5900 Coolpix from Amazon.com -- tho the price was very good, I was kept waiting for a full 3 weeks. :no:

Look at the company's rating in a Search like Priceline.com or e-Opinions. One thing I have learned is that the cheapest isn't always the most reliable.

The few things I've bought off of Newegg.com, I can say that they give very fast service.

Stick with names like Nikon, Olympus, or Cannon. Kodak is a good value, but maybe not the best.