Samsung 26" LCD HDTV...........

I am about to buy a Samsung 26" LCD HDTV (I'm in the UK Btw) and it has the VGA connector to connect it to your PC. I was wondering if any1 else is or has done this before.....and does it work well with a Monitor of this size (I have Windows XP MCE 2005 also) ?

Hopefully some1 can advise me on this..........

I've tried it on a 37'' plasma and it looks beautiful. i did not have MCE, i was just browsing and normal stuff with xp.. i think an LCD should look better, but i dont know. -and you wont have to worry about burn in. it should be great :) have fun!

crane since you work there, how does it look? I was thinking about getting it, but in the store they had the dvd running and it looked absolutly horrible. Does the dvd not do justice?

Hey bangbang....I bought my 42" Samsung LCD without the documentation because it was the last one. What is the native resolution?

586742241[/snapback]

i think most of the samsung lcd tv's are 1360x768 native. i know my 26 inch is.

Hey bangbang....I bought my 42" Samsung LCD without the documentation because it was the last one. What is the native resolution?

586742241[/snapback]

42 inch lcd? Are you sure it's not a 40 inch lcd or 42 inch plasma?

BTW....I have an Alienware Media Center PC hooked up to my 42" Samsung LCD. Media Center is the bomb with one exception.....picture quality is not as good as opposed to a direct cable connection. Oh....and you also can't get HD content (except OTA) via Media Center.

i work at bestbuy.. i've done this before.  it looks hella good.  i'm sporting a 26" insignia lcd tv with a mcpc right now.

586742148[/snapback]

*shudder* insignia

crane since you work there, how does it look? I was thinking about getting it, but in the store they had the dvd running and it looked absolutly horrible. Does the dvd not do justice?

586742214[/snapback]

I also work at Best Buy. The set looks fantastic when running at native res. You should enjoy it.

moved to home theater forum

Product Description

Amazon.com Product Description

Early Adopters Pick: May 2003 Samsung's LTN406W is the world's largest LCD TV.

Samsung's 40-inch high-resolution widescreen LCD television is not only a gigantic LCD screen TV, it's also the answer to all your home entertainment needs, from its PC, DVD, and DTV inputs to its built-in NTSC tuner and integrated stereo speakers with 10 watts power each. At less than three inches deep, the set is nothing if not easy to place, its slim profile lending its massive screen width to even small rooms.