Samsung 26" LCD HDTV...........

stevonw

I am about to buy a Samsung 26" LCD HDTV (I'm in the UK Btw) and it has the VGA connector to connect it to your PC. I was wondering if any1 else is or has done this before.....and does it work well with a Monitor of this size (I have Windows XP MCE 2005 also) ?

Hopefully some1 can advise me on this..........

cesiel1990

It should work. I haven't tryed it though.

cchasem

I've tried it on a 37'' plasma and it looks beautiful. i did not have MCE, i was just browsing and normal stuff with xp.. i think an LCD should look better, but i dont know. -and you wont have to worry about burn in. it should be great :) have fun!

crane

i work at bestbuy.. i've done this before. it looks hella good. i'm sporting a 26" insignia lcd tv with a mcpc right now.

MGOB

haven't tried it but i don't see why it wouldn't work.

+StevoFC

i have one and have connected it to my pc with a vga cable. it works pretty good.

fascist

crane since you work there, how does it look? I was thinking about getting it, but in the store they had the dvd running and it looked absolutly horrible. Does the dvd not do justice?

+StevoFC
Hey bangbang....I bought my 42" Samsung LCD without the documentation because it was the last one. What is the native resolution?

586742241[/snapback]

i think most of the samsung lcd tv's are 1360x768 native. i know my 26 inch is.

bangbang023
Hey bangbang....I bought my 42" Samsung LCD without the documentation because it was the last one. What is the native resolution?

586742241[/snapback]

42 inch lcd? Are you sure it's not a 40 inch lcd or 42 inch plasma?

[LOF]skinnylegs

I have a 42" Samsung LCD monitor and it has a DVI connector....yours should as well.

[LOF]skinnylegs

BTW....I have an Alienware Media Center PC hooked up to my 42" Samsung LCD. Media Center is the bomb with one exception.....picture quality is not as good as opposed to a direct cable connection. Oh....and you also can't get HD content (except OTA) via Media Center.

bangbang023
i work at bestbuy.. i've done this before.  it looks hella good.  i'm sporting a 26" insignia lcd tv with a mcpc right now.

586742148[/snapback]

*shudder* insignia

crane since you work there, how does it look? I was thinking about getting it, but in the store they had the dvd running and it looked absolutly horrible. Does the dvd not do justice?

586742214[/snapback]

I also work at Best Buy. The set looks fantastic when running at native res. You should enjoy it.

moved to home theater forum

fascist

O ok, when I looed at it today, it looked horrible. I mean disgusting, it looked blured out and everything.

[LOF]skinnylegs

[LOF]skinnylegs

Its a 42" LCD......I'm positive.

[LOF]skinnylegs

.....the proof is in the 'puddin. :D

samsung0sv.jpg

[LOF]skinnylegs

My bad....its 40". I honestly thought it was 42". :laugh: Oh well....its big for an LCD.

[LOF]skinnylegs

Product Description

Amazon.com Product Description

Early Adopters Pick: May 2003 Samsung's LTN406W is the world's largest LCD TV.

Samsung's 40-inch high-resolution widescreen LCD television is not only a gigantic LCD screen TV, it's also the answer to all your home entertainment needs, from its PC, DVD, and DTV inputs to its built-in NTSC tuner and integrated stereo speakers with 10 watts power each. At less than three inches deep, the set is nothing if not easy to place, its slim profile lending its massive screen width to even small rooms.

bangbang023

what's the model? I don't think I've ever seen a 42" LCD from samsung.

bangbang023

Oh you have an older model, ok. The only current model from them above 40" is a 46" and it's a little harder to find.

[LOF]skinnylegs

....and the picture is pretty darn good even on the Media Center. When I watch HD stuff its breathtaking!

clipboard016cq.jpg

bangbang023

So it is an older model. Does it have the DNIe on it? Man, you had me racking my brain trying to figure out how I missed a 42" LCD.

[LOF]skinnylegs

Yeah....it has the DNie on it. Sorry about the 2"! LOL