Samsung 26" LCD HDTV...........

42 inch lcd? Are you sure it's not a 40 inch lcd or 42 inch plasma?

586742250[/snapback]

check 3 times before you answer this guy's question. He is the home theatre guru around here.

*edit*

further reading shows infact that this guy knows what he is talking about.

Assuming you mean the LE26R41BDX (or ...51BDX), then yes, it'll work fine through VGA. You should note though that the TV has an HDMI connector, and if you connect a PC to it using a DVI to HDMI cable, it'll look even better.

I very nearly bought this very same TV, but settled on the Panasonic TX26LXD52, mainly because the Samsung looked a little too ostentatious for my taste, the Panasonic has a more understated asthetic (the 5 year warranty from John Lewis swung me as well). Both are damn fine TVs though!#

I bought my Panasonic from my local John Lewis, with a free 5 year warranty, and then got them to price match RGB Direct's store in Ilford (John Lewis will price match any "bricks and mortar" shop, regardless of where in the UK it is). RGB quoted me an In-Store price of ?799, and John Lewis matched it, and still gave me the 5 year warranty :DD

Assuming you mean the LE26R41BDX (or ...51BDX), then yes, it'll work fine through VGA. You should note though that the TV has an HDMI connector, and if you connect a PC to it using a DVI to HDMI cable, it'll look even better.

586742647[/snapback]

I believe you don't get to use the full resolution of the set if you connect a PC via dvi --> hdmi. It's better to connect it directly to the VGA option.

Thanx for that every1, yeah Pc Graphics Gard has DVI & VGA, so i'll go withg the DVI to HDMI!

Thanx alot for your help every1 :D

Could someone Post a few pics of them running their Pc's thorugh Big ass Tv's

How many screens do you want? :D This is my desktop/start menu on the 40" Samsung......

clipboard014gk.jpg

@spielo....I know what you mean about the Samsung aesthetics. I actually preferred the looks of the Sharp Aquos but it was only available in 36" at the time and I do dig the other Samsung features. Overall, I have been happy with my purchase. I love playing UT and other FPS's on the 40" in the living room and I am hooked on Windows Media Center. From what I've read, cable HD support is just around the corner and I have no doubt that TV-tuner card picture quality will only improve.

Also which 1 between the Direct VGA input & the DVI to HDMI will get me the best Res & Quality?

I am assuming DVI to HDVI but some1 said it wont give me full res on the LCD

Also which 1 between the Direct VGA input & the DVI to HDMI will get me the best Res & Quality?

I am assuming DVI to HDVI but some1 said it wont give me full res on the LCD

586744946[/snapback]

I said that. If I recall correctly, and I'm not 100% certain, the VGA gives you a higher res for the PC than the HDMI will.

do not do dvi to hdmi. the res is lower. i did that originally. the colors do look brighter, but the vga is much better believe me. also if you use the hdmi input you can't have the tv in pc mode which you can calibrate more settings with.

go with the vga for sure.