Nero 7.0.1.2

It gives the Custom Install option .... and lets us choose what to and not to install :)

586750221[/snapback]

Yes, I am aware of that. But in my previous post, I said that I had to go through and select what to install and what to leave out all over again. The installer should have known which components I already had installed, and just upgraded those.

so let's see...new version, still no update function. 100mb update and i'm on dialup. no thanks ahead, i'll stick with version 6.

I've been very disappointed w/ Nero 7 as well. They had a lot of time to fix their new installer, and they failed miserably. I might have to go back to 6 until they get their act together.

ya these updates are a hassle especially on a server that has max dl rate of 15kb/sec (no matter what time of day i try to get it) i havent got nero 7 yet as i do not trust these new bugs and ratings for it currently are horrible. Ill just wait until like version 7.1 before i try anything.. Using the latest v6

Hmmmm ....I just picked the retail up from best buy *got 15% off cause a friend works there* and ah is it suppost to say Nero 7 Demo ? in add/remove programs. You think I should take it back ? and get another copy *I dont like spending $$ then having it revert to a demo* :| Dam you Nero. Back to my copy of 6 :) Hey Wait I'm an idiot I should return this and do the upgrade offer ?? it's only been 2 months !!.

-Romey

I care because I shelled out $$ for this thing and if it says Demo well what happens if after a month it does become a demo ? Then what will I do I can't return it cause my 30 days would be up.

-Romey

Either it's been removed or a lot of people are downloading it. I can't get the FTP site to load at all.

EDIT: Nevermind....post on Neowin about it not loading then there it goes all of a sudden LOL it knew I spoke of it :ninja:

everything is working pretty smoothly so far. the installation worked really well. i was confused about the demo lable and was going to uninstall if it was a demo but fortunatly it recognised my earlier serial. haven't burnt anything on cd or dvd yet, going to test it later.

For those that don't like the indexing service (Nero Scout):

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

586750787[/snapback]

Thanks! Can't stand when programs install crap like that without asking me. first.

all this is exactly why i never jump on a new piece of software the minute it comes out, especially if the current version is suitable....il let the impatient ones discover all the problems, let the company resolve them, and then i enjoy it

so let's see...new version, still no update function. 100mb update and i'm on dialup. no thanks ahead, i'll stick with version 6.

586750234[/snapback]

Update function is not available, because there is nothing to update yet! This is the first web-release! ;)

Thanks! Can't stand when programs install crap like that  without asking me. first.

586750815[/snapback]

This Nero Scout should be optional just like the rest of the suite...