Mac OS X 10.4.3

Makes sense, altho I doubt 10.4.3 will be the first public released Intel version.

586755580[/snapback]

very doubtfull as well, it's not a horrific code change that needs to be done as you can already hack OS X to run on x86 but chances are it's going to be big news when it's done.

:o hmmmm my mighty mouse right click is not working after updated :pinch:

The mouse clicking functions are change , normally press the center scroll ball on link in safari it will open new tab , but now it came up dashboard :crazy:

I just noticed how that damn Recovered Files Trash bug is still there. Unbelievable. :no:

586761850[/snapback]

God forbid you have a few files in your Trash on a restart. :no: :p

God forbid you have a few files in your Trash on a restart. :no: :p

586762284[/snapback]

Fact is that something wrong is causing this and it should have been fixed 6 months after Tiger's release. And yeah it's annyoing.

So God/Apple should forbid it. Take a pick, I don't really care as long as the job gets done. Altho help directly from God would probably be more effective. ;)

Fact is that something wrong is causing this and it should have been fixed 6 months after Tiger's release. And yeah it's annyoing.

So God/Apple should forbid it. Take a pick, I don't really care as long as the job gets done. Altho help directly from God would probably be more effective. ;)

586762668[/snapback]

Have you looked to see whats inside it? when they show up for me its from sending images back and forth from people over iChat.

The update hasn't introduced any new problems...it hasnt fixed all of them either though.

I read through the release notes as I was downloading (I had the 98MB updater) and was glad to see that a few problems I was having were listed on there.

I WASN'T happy to find that they still haven't cleared up the logging in from sleep issues. Sometimes I don't even get the password prompt, sometimes i get it two times before it lets me in...its kind of retarded ;)

Have you looked to see whats inside it? when they show up for me its from sending images back and forth from people over iChat.

586763216[/snapback]

Yeah somehow the temporary internet files are being recoverd on startup because of a bug.

Does anyone else's Mac take longer to startup?

My iBook, after the 10.4.3 update, takes a long time at the grey apple loading screen.

586771889[/snapback]

on my powerbook took along time to reboot the first time after the update since then it's been booting faster

Is anyone running FrontRow on 10.4.3? Does it work as it did before?

586754522[/snapback]

mine didnt work so i got rid of everything related to it, then just reinstalled the stuff, aka just the app, xkeys and the airclick mod and used a new modified script for 10.4.3 to launch and well last night i enjoyed laying in bed watching south park and controlling it all with my remote. good stuff, lol. DVD's still don't work though...

Edited by MonkeyClaw

Does anyone else's Mac take longer to startup?

My iBook, after the 10.4.3 update, takes a long time at the grey apple loading screen.

586771889[/snapback]

Mine also starts up slower, but it wakes from sleep faster then before.

Same here, the booting time is longer.

The second "Mac OS X" bootscreen has become kinda pointless in 10.4.x don't you guys think? More of an eye-candy thing than a requirement.

Same here, the booting time is longer.

The second "Mac OS X" bootscreen has become kinda pointless in 10.4.x  don't you guys think? More of an eye-candy thing than a requirement.

586778211[/snapback]

Considering it's just a movie of a progress bar now instead of a real progress bar, yes.

Considering it's just a movie of a progress bar now instead of a real progress bar, yes.

586779555[/snapback]

How's that possible? The progress bar doesn't always load exactly the same, sometimes it takes longer to fill etc. :huh:

The progress bar is created from the average time taken over bootups so the progress meter is pre determined... or something, i heard.

And yeh, it takes both my apples longer to boot up with .4.3 :s

I thought it was just the last boot time. It adjusts the progress bar according to how long it took on the previous load. Or something... 10.4.3 seems to be the same for me for bootup times. I think. It feels the same.

The second "Mac OS X" bootscreen has become kinda pointless in 10.4.x  don't you guys think? More of an eye-candy thing than a requirement.

586778211[/snapback]

Actually, it's just giving you a graphical front-end to the startup of core system services like the Apache HTTPD and other UI/networking daemons. While it doesn't show you each individual process like it used to in 10.3, it's still doing the same thing.

Actually, it's just giving you a graphical front-end to the startup of core system services like the Apache HTTPD and other UI/networking daemons. While it doesn't show you each individual process like it used to in 10.3, it's still doing the same thing.

586787611[/snapback]

In that case it isn't pointless. I was under the impression that is was just eye-candy in 10.4.

I wanted to know this for a very long time:

What does "Keep Item Visible" do when right clicking Safari's Address Bar?

586791569[/snapback]

When you make the Safari window small enough, horizontally, buttons start dissappearing to allow more important items in the bar to show. You can override this behavior by checking "Keep Item Visible."

The boot load bar has been changed. when you boot up it times how long it takes then edits a file, the next time you boot up it accesses that file and looks how long it took then makes the load bar appear the same amount of time. If your computer now boots faster then the last time it executes a terminal command to quickly end the loader.

it is absolutely useless.

You can even run the boot loader inside OS X without booting up and view the little "movie" or edit the file yourself and make the loader appear for a million years - bet that would be fun next time you boot up. The malicious uses of it are endless.

The boot load bar has been changed. when you boot up it times how long it takes then edits a file, the next time you boot up it accesses that file and looks how long it took then makes the load bar appear the same amount of time. If your computer now boots faster then the last time it executes a terminal command to quickly end the loader.

it is absolutely useless.

You can even run the boot loader inside OS X without booting up and view the little "movie" or edit the file yourself and make the loader appear for a million years - bet that would be fun next time you boot up. The malicious uses of it are endless.

586792977[/snapback]

Precisely right. It is utterly pointless now, but I'm glad that I rarely see it, being one of those inclined to leave my Mac on for months on end (thank His Steveness for Sleep Mode).

A detailed write-up can be found

here, courtesy of John Gruber.