Horoscopes

Well, do you? I will post what I feel in a minute. I am at work right now and it is busy! :) And if you believe in them, say why. Likewise if you do not.

Okay, I am in school now so I have a sec to type! :D My ex-girlfriend got me into reading horoscopes and they were funny at 1st, until they started coming true. For example, I started working out again a couple weeks ago and a couple days later I read the horoscope and it told me basically how I felt. I cant say its true either because I DOUBT everyone with the same birthday has the SAME thing going on on the SAME day. It is pretty impossible. But yeah, even todays. I told my "friend" the other day that I need time to myself. I just feel like being alone and enjoying my own company. I have a fan club of women and it gets on my damn nerves so I decided to cut myself on from the outside world. Todays horoscope says that I feel like being alone this week. Blah blah blah. I can go on and on But I dont feel like it. I dont read them anymore but when I did, it was accurate.

no, i do not.

1. there's no rational or scientific basis. it's basically saying that everyone born during a certain time will have the same personalities, personal events, thought processes, etc. studies have shown no measurable effect (i'm speaking of the metaphysical). it is more psychology than physics.

2. horoscopes are sufficiently vague so that they can mean anything. basically, it's always possible to interpret and re-interpret horoscopes so that they become true, at least to some extent.

3. human psychology has evolved over the years to recognize patterns. this also has the consequence of causing us to see patterns when no such patterns exist. a horoscope "success" is the result of human cognition, not the alignment of the stars.

4. human psychology also tends to favor successes rather than failures. horoscope "predictions" that appear "true" (remember, again, this is a combination of coincidence and interpretation) are remembered and "misses" are forgotten.

5. mathematically, the probability that something unlikely will occur is pretty high. moreover, the probability that at least one thing worded sufficiently vaguely will come true is also quite high.

moved here

I dont... Horoscopes are separated into how many animals/symbols. How many people are there in the world. Compare the two and you'll see why it just doesn't make sense.

You just can't separate the world into 12 groups and predict how 6,446,131,400 peoples day will work out for them...

I mean I was supposed to "change" apparently last month. Im still the same old me! :|

Ohh and that love of my life... Never came... :cry:

And does it?

586755267[/snapback]

Sometimes. I mean, this is fortune telling, there's bound to be mistakes along the way. It's all bogus though, but it's fun to read. :alien:

no, i do not.

1. there's no rational or scientific basis.  it's basically saying that everyone born during a certain time will have the same personalities, personal events, thought processes, etc.  studies have shown no measurable effect (i'm speaking of the metaphysical).  it is more psychology than physics.

2. horoscopes are sufficiently vague so that they can mean anything.  basically, it's always possible to interpret and re-interpret horoscopes so that they become true, at least to some extent.

3. human psychology has evolved over the years to recognize patterns.  this also has the consequence of causing us to see patterns when no such patterns exist.  a horoscope "success" is the result of human cognition, not the alignment of the stars.

4. human psychology also tends to favor successes rather than failures.  horoscope "predictions" that appear "true" (remember, again, this is a combination of coincidence and interpretation) are remembered and "misses" are forgotten.

5. mathematically, the probability that something unlikely will occur is pretty high.  moreover, the probability that at least one thing worded sufficiently vaguely will come true is also quite high.

moved here

586756097[/snapback]

Well said dreamz!! Yeah, as far as things happening, I don't put much stock into it. BUt as far as certain things like the need to work out more, came at a time when I did start eating healthy etc. But as SaLiVa stated, it's impossible to tell how a persons day will go based off that stuff. I don't put much stock into it.

I dont... Horoscopes are separated into how many animals/symbols. How many people are there in the world. Compare the two and you'll see why it just doesn't make sense.

You just can't separate the world into 12 groups and predict how 6,446,131,400 peoples  day will work out for them...

I mean I was supposed to "change" apparently last month. Im still the same old me! :|

Ohh and that love of my life... Never came...  :cry:

586756464[/snapback]

Right, but then there is someone born on your birthday that had all that come true! :p Thats how it works I guess! And LMAO @ the love of your life!! :D Sorry!

Astrology is a 5000 years old branch of science. Daily horoscopes in mags or online are just pure entertainment and crap. Astrology try?s to explain the real inner you based on what is the synchronizy between the parts of our solar system in the moment you where born. At least two universities in Europe has astrology in their degrees.

You shouldn?t judge if you dont know. Real 'horoscope' has nothing to do with the fact that are you feeling lucky today or not.

i think they are fake sometimes. Although ive had a few that actually happened, when they say i will have a bad day. I usually end up having one.

586755323[/snapback]

That's usually cause you're expecting a bad day after you read it and are in a bad mood to start with...

You can study your astrology by finding out which 12 sections (or houses or rooms) of astrology your planets are inhabiting. Astrology guides tell you what meanings different sections have to your life if there?s a planet on it. Like one section is for family issues, one for financial and success issues, one for health issues etc. Different planet have different behaviour in different room.

http://www.astro.com is place to start by entering your birth details - Free horoscopes -> personal potrait. The site will give an analysis of you.

Astrology makes absolutely no sense. They take stars and other entities in space and predict how much your weekend will rock.

It's all about randomness said by the person that looks like a psycho in the T.V with a "Starfield" screensaver behind her.

• 2 weeks later...

don't believe in them for one second....its just random and people just trying to prove links with their own life....things like you are going to meet someone special today etc...if you work in the service industry or something where you meet lots of people then it just plants the idea in your head - "who today was special" etc....its all hocus-pocus rubbish.

Nope because they are complete bs, rarely right and only right if you look hard enough expecting things to happen. They are almost always positive and very different from each other which is enough to show they are fake.

I sayd before that horoscopes and astrology really is not what you think it is. OK Horoscopes are BS. Stars cant tell you are you going to meet someone nice today or make big buck tomorrow. Astrology, the science, on the other hand try?s to explain your psyche, the who you are in your mind, according to the postions of the stars and planets and their syncronizy at the moment you were born.

You cant judge astrology, but I agree that horoscopes are BS.