TuneUp Utilities 2006

it works great.

but after i installed it, sygate started to prevent me from gettin on the net..

not sure if it was directly caused by TU or not.

also, it keeps saying that FreeDownloadManager and Freshdownload has spyware/trojan, but w/e.

so i keep forgetting to exclude it and it always deletes it..

no it will not interfere with any kind of security software, you might only find problems if you manually edit TCP/IP settings which can effect some firewalls.

586769711[/snapback]

hm?

Uhoh, um, it works fine if you have UXTheme modded, right?

586774943[/snapback]

Yeah it works if your UXTheme is modded. It will modify it anyways if you download themes from their company. This program is the best tune up program I've ever used.

the only prob i've run into is with any options related to optimizing the internet. i just stay away. Run One-Click Tuneup thing every other day and your comp will run alot smoother overall.

Yeah TuneUp Utilities 2006 is pretty much the only software you need for your system. It has absolutely everything and I used every single option in it without any problems. It's great when you install on a clean machine. After that it cleans stuff up and optimizes your machine to the fullest. This is the only software I found that actually does all optimizations for your computer without having to do any dirty registry hacks and stuff like that. Winstyler service is great because I want to keep my Windows without system files hacks and this is great. It's 4 mb service but works great and allows usage of all msstyles.

The only thing that you have to be careful is Clean Up Hard Drive module, sometime it recognizes valid files as junk so don't use that unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Again, great app and worth every penny I paid for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this for a few months now, it is awesome, although it seemed to make my 6mbps go to a 3mbps, so I quickly undid that. Also, what about the Registry Defrag, I've heard mixed things about it, safe to try?

I've been using this for a few months now, it is awesome, although it seemed to make my 6mbps go to a 3mbps, so I quickly undid that. Also, what about the Registry Defrag, I've heard mixed things about it, safe to try?

Yep, just make sure to follow the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...