World Cup Germany 2006

We are the only country 5 five times champion and we have the best players of the world.

Sorry Italians, Argentines, Germans, Frenchs... but Brazil will win again.

barcelona-ronaldinho.jpg

_38481281_ronaldo220.jpg

carlos.jpg

1126333569_146972_Pxgen_r_210xA.jpg

u forgot rivaldo mr "oh the chinese dude kicked the ball in my face"

lol wot a loser

yer brasil always strong chance but its unlikely they will go back to back

no one in history has done it :p

czech team for me, darkhorse(their skills are so under-rated), great odds too =D

Who is this guy? Another great England player? c'mon England have Beckham and nothing more.

586770725[/snapback]

Personally i don't think Beckham should be in the side, we have much better players.

If we can work together and try and actually mould properly then i think we have a strong chance.

If money was involved however i would sit it well and truly behind Brasil.

England have:

Neville, Terry, Campbell, Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J. Cole, Rooney and Owen. It's a world class team when it plays to its ability. I think Rivaldo has retired/been dropped from international football btw. Germany will be strong.

OK, firstly, it's waaaay too early to start World Cup bragging lol. Now to address some issues brought up anyway.

586770672[/snapback]

Um Italy in '34 and '38 off the top of my head (have those years etched in my heart along with "82 :D ). NOt sure if there were any others but I know that for a fact.

:laugh:?:laugh:: ehm.. No, you don't know him...

http://www.acffiorentina.it/InfoPage.aspx?id=5424

He actually is the best italian football player;))

586770938[/snapback]

Um can't beleive someone thought Toni was English. That's sacrilege to any true fan of the beautfiul game who knows ANYthing about European football. He leads the serie A in goals. With all that said, Gila is the best striker in Italy:yes::. And I was a Gila fan before he even came to Milan and thought he was the best striker in Italy. Now that he's with them he is only the second best striker on the team (behind Sheva) and deals with a LOT more attention after the last two seasons he had with Parma. Plus he's six years younger than Toni. And as good as Toni is he's more in the mold of Vieri. A great finisher but he doesn't create his own opportunities as much as Gilardino does. But yes I think a 1-2 punch of Gilardino and Toni in the World Cup will be nearly unstoppable:yes::. Shcokingly enough, it is Italy's defense that concerns me more than anything:blush:: . Never thought I'd hear myself say that

Hmm, last time we (brazil) went to one world cup thinking that we had already won, we lost....i prefer when it happens like last cup, nobody gave nothing ebcause we have barely qualified.

Indeed brazil have some impressive players, but other countries too.

I think as was said before by SoulSphere that Holland indeed have a good chance, Mexico, Argentina and England would be my other bets.

I just hope Germans will not cheat like Japan/Korea....ffs, remember the games against Italy and Spain.

Another thing, i think it is ridiculous for the last champion to play the qualifications.

edit here.

Btw England x Argentina in the stadium few meters from where i live (Geneva).

If not many ppl, ill watch it with my wife. :happy:

Edited by Krpano

586770672[/snapback]

You, my friend, are mistaken. Brazil have won back to back World Cups - in 1958 & 1962, as did Italy in 1934 & 1938.

Man, Brazil have great chances, but England, Czech, Italia, and Portugal have great teams...

Personally, I think Brazil will lose in the 1st Phase. I hate this "best team" hype, and to get great results, they will need to fight against the ego, fist of all.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup - and as its in Germany, should be on at slightly more sensible / accessible times!

Fingers crossed for England - i'm proud of our country and our team but I think there are just teams out there who want it more than we do. And for gods sake, I hope they keep Peter Crouch off the pitch.. he's fecking useless!

Man, Brazil have great chances, but England, Czech, Italia, and Portugal have great teams...

Personally, I think Brazil will lose in the 1st Phase. I hate this "best team" hype, and to get great results, they will need to fight against the ego, fist of all.

586778104[/snapback]

LOL France football Zidane here!

Mateus-ES does seem a bit confident.. but thats pretty symbolic of the Brazilian team anyway. They do have some spectacular players though.. I think they will get pretty far into the contest!

Just don't want any more of that Rivaldo style football.. gets a light tap on the leg or something, covers his face as if he's in spectacular pain, and hits the deck rolling round like he's just been shot.

QUOTE(Kureb @ Nov 7 2005, 07:23)

LOL France football Zidane here!

STFU plz.