[NFL] what team will take TO

this Topic has 3 ?'s

1)will TO be with PHI next year.

(if im not wrong he is done for the year only)

2)what should PHI do with TO

3)what team will take TO

1)NO

2) they can got to ways, trade him or drop him(what the bucks did to K. johnson)

3)

if they drop him :

teams that need a WR, their are some but i dont want to name teams

if they trade him:

they will want to get a WR(maybe K.Johnson Dal or J. Porter Oak)

but his money will make a trade hard, and the way he act will make the trade bad for PHI.

If they drop him a team will only offer him 1 or 2 year contracts with less money then he should get.

but hou as good young WRs, and they shouldnt get TO, they need a O line.

Greenbay has no one one their team to trade so PHI will need to drop him.

but funny Greenbay, TO would love that.

Ever think he might end up on the Patriots? Look at what they did with the "malcontent" Corey Dillon. TO goes to a team who has a great chance to win it all, and play with one of the best QB's in the league. Bill Belichicks ego might be big enough to think he could pull it off.

Ever think he might end up on the Patriots? Look at what they did with the "malcontent" Corey Dillon. TO goes to a team who has a great chance to win it all, and play with one of the best QB's in the league. Bill Belichicks ego might be big enough to think he could pull it off.

586781214[/snapback]

no way. belichick doesnt have that much of ego and he wouldnt take T.O. on for all the tea in china. sorry but dillon being a malcontent because his team sucks and he wants to win is different than T.O. being a malcontent because of contract issues. this is the same belichick that cut law and malloy indirectly because of contract disputes.

i'd laugh if he went to the packers and then they won it all....

as much of a prick as he is, his still one of the best in the league. someone will come up with the money to keep his mouth shut.

i'd laugh if he went to the packers and then they won it all....

as much of a prick as he is, his still one of the best in the league.? someone will come up with the money to keep his mouth shut.

586781313[/snapback]

^^:yes:: . There will always be a team willing to take a chance with a WR of that caliber. There aren't that many in the NFL.

586781214[/snapback]

Corey Dillon's gripes were valid, though. Big difference.

^^ Agreed. Great back on a crappy team who was under-appreciated.

As far as Owens, I heard Jerry Porter for Owens trade rumors. The Eagles would be getting the short end on talent (for now), but rid of a massive problem.

1)No.

2)He will be released after the season.

3)No way to know. Could be the Redskins. If a team can get him to sign a one year, incentive-laden deal, they'll be helping their team out greatly.

586781214[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet $10,000 that TO will not play on the Patriots next season.

TO will never get a 5 year deal ever, mostly 1-2 year deal for 1/2 the money PHI is paying him for 1 year. i think he is getting paid more then most QBs if not all of them.

I thought that after the trade deadline the teams in last place got first shot at players? Like a sort of draft?

Anyway to answer the questions:

1) No more as an Eagle

2) He will be dropped.

3) Houston could really use him.

T.O. will not play this year with th Eagles. He will not play next year with any team. He will be insulted by the salary offered/contract limits and refuse them all. This is the way the NFL handles bad boys in recent years. Either submit to the owners demands for conformity (K. Johnson did) or your out (remember Jeff George?).

There comes a time when even Al Davis doesn't want ya....

T.O. is not going to get traded this season, that would be so unlikely to happen. The other team would have to pick up on his contract and no team is going to want to pay him that much epecially in the middle of the season. He is just going to sit out the remainder of the season.

I hope at the end of the season he ends up on a crappy team like the Cardinals or Texans who don't have QBs so he can fade into obscurity. I heard on the news that he would want to play for the Atlanta Falcons, but how long would it take for him to realize that Vick wouldn't be able to throw to him. Also I don't think Mora would be stupid enough to take him.

BTW, there is a local radio station here that is going to have a bonfire where you can bring your T.O. jersey and burn it. The same thing happened with Eric Lindros when he left the Flyers.

Edited by jmole

I heard on the news that he would want to play for the Atlanta Falcons, but how long would it take for him to realize that Vick wouldn't be able to throw to him.

ahhhh...the classic "Vick Hater"... "He's got the strongest arm in the NFL, but he couldn't throw to Terrell Owens" :rolleyes: Do you watch football? ...The Falcons are a team that wins games by running the football and playing defense. They have NO decent recievers for Vick to throw to on a regular basis, so he's not going to lead the league in passing. He was great throwing the ball in college because he had recievers that could get open and give him a chance.

That being said, I hope TO stays far far away from Atlanta. I'd hate to see that team get torn apart too.

I would think that most teams wouldn't want him as you have to be ready to pay for him fiscally and emotionally. I told all the Eagles fans that i knew that he was a cancer for their team and they all got mad last year. Now they agree. He's a problem, he has to go somewhere for 1 year at a time so they can get rid of him if he acts up.

I hope at the end of the season he ends up on a crappy team like the Cardinals or Texans who don't have QBs so he can fade into obscurity. I heard on the news that he would want to play for the Atlanta Falcons, but how long would it take for him to realize that Vick wouldn't be able to throw to him. Also I don't think Mora would be stupid enough to take him.

Hou and Ari QBs arent bad its their team.

Hou has a good QB WR RB but has no o line.

Ari well has a ok QB, give him time, look they had Jake the Snack and he did something 1 year because their o line and D did a good job.

with the Atl Falcons, vick is in the West Coast offence he isnt a westCoast QB, they should use him like Den uses Jake the Snake.

a QB cant win a game by him self.

a D cant win a game if the offence doesnt move the ball

a QB cant pass it tothe WR if the o line falls apart

a RB cant gain years if the O line fall apart

if a team cant Run the ball its unfair to think the QB will have a easy time

if a team Cant pass the ball is unfair to think the oline or RB will have a easy time.

I heard a rumor that he is attempting to fix the issues with Philly. His pastor has gone to Jeff, and has been meeting with him. There is a meeting with Reid also.

Could get interesting.

Great talent, but needs a personal PR person 24x7.

Hou has a good QB WR RB but has no o line.

586783341[/snapback]

Carr blows serious chunks.

a D cant win a game if the offence doesnt move the ball

586783341[/snapback]

See: 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

a RB cant gain years if the O line fall apart

586783341[/snapback]

See: Barry Sanders.

I heard a rumor that he is attempting to fix the issues with Philly.  His pastor has gone to Jeff, and has been meeting with him.  There is a meeting with Reid also. 

Could get interesting.

Great talent, but needs a personal PR person 24x7.

586783360[/snapback]

He's not gonna patch the issues. Andy Reid has stated he is no longer wanted.

Also TO is now being held for the clause in his contract which says that if he is suspended for more then 1 straight game he must repay a portion of his signing bonus.

the eagles are calling in this clause and have informed TO that he owes them 1.8 million.

Before you act like an ass over your contract it's always best to actually read it first. So regardless of what happens he now has to pay 1.8 million back to philly