invisibleSHIELD for iPod

I would recommend ordering from THEBESTSKINSEVER.com. I'm not advertising, but they use the same 3M material but the price is lower. I applied it to my nano and it looks amazing and is so durable. The ripple effect CAN happen as it did with my brothers nano, but it depends on how you squeeze the water out from under it with the credit card when applying I believe... if you make sure it's really wet and are careful in getting the bubbles out without creating a ripple across the material, it will go on and stay on and look great!

• 3 weeks later...

i'll definately buy one for my next phone and iPod ill buy this year

Glassed Silver:mac

I would recommend ordering from THEBESTSKINSEVER.com. I'm not advertising, but they use the same 3M material but the price is lower. I applied it to my nano and it looks amazing and is so durable. The ripple effect CAN happen as it did with my brothers nano, but it depends on how you squeeze the water out from under it with the credit card when applying I believe... if you make sure it's really wet and are careful in getting the bubbles out without creating a ripple across the material, it will go on and stay on and look great!

BestSkinsEver is nice, but they don't use 3M material. I've talked to Michael, the owner, and he said that he once used that material to produce the protection skins but not anymore.

Quoting him:

We did originally use the 3M brand film for a short time and while very similar the product we currently use does have a have a few properties that set it far and above the 3M product.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Completely Agree.

I bought a Skin from BestSkinsever and I love it. Not only do I not have to worry about scratches, but it was very cheap too.

• 4 months later...

I got myself a full body invisible shield for my 30gb black video iPod and it I must say I am very impressed.

I applied the shield on Thursday evening which took 30-45 minutes. The select and click wheel pieces are a doddle to get on, I applied both of these combined in no more than 5 mins including squeezing all bubbles and solution out. It's a little obvious but the front and back pieces are more tricky, the front is a little more difficult because you have to align it correctly around the click wheel.

My suggestion is get rid of the huge bubbles and excess solution on both the front and back but you wont get rid all they will disappear over time, I was told it takes up to a month but mine is virtually perfect 3 days after application. I would also suggest using the guidance video on their website as it's very helpful.

• 2 months later...

i'd love to know how well it works with the new classic's ...

6/10: Functional, but not everything I hoped it'd be.

I didn't take any pictures, because it's quite hard to capture the essence of this "clear" cover for the iPod. I bought it to put it on my brand new iPod Video, and I have to say that I'm displeased. The reason could be simply my own install of the shield wasn't perfect, but it's actually quite difficult to install.

The finished results are an iPod with a rippled effect on the front, and the bubbles are quite attrocious. Even using a squeegy, I was unable to remove the bubbles and leave my iPod looking great. It also has a dried glue look in some spots.

None of this is noticeable under the right lighting (standard incandescent or low level lighting), but when you are in flourescent light or outdoors, it looks horrible.

However, I would say that the device does WORK. I tested running a key across it as well as handling it and it dramatically reduces fingerprints and it obviously doesn't allow the iPod to get scratches, but even though it's visible I'm just letting you know to not expect a perfect appearance from this product. To me it's so aggravating that I took the front protection off, leaving only the back protection until I get a real case like the Vajacase. I guess that my frustration could come from extremely high expectations for the product having seen the video on the website and the demonstration photos provided.

Hell, I'd like the person who installed the invisibleSHIELD on those images to install it on mine, because it looks perfect!

I'm typically careful enough with my iPods to avoid frontal scratching, and I've had the device since the first shipments without scratching it yet, but the mirror back surface always concerns me. Good news is they will have Vajacases this month, but I hate that I have to remove it to use it with my car dock.

Hmm, I got one for my Sidekick and i sprayed my fingers, the screen and the sticky side of the shield. Put it on, slid it around, used a credit card to remove the bubbles and it was fine.

Shame about your experience though, I'd give them a 10/10

seriously, I and probably lots of other really want this answered... whenever some1 gets hold of one to try it with the new classics, please give us a lil summary here...

and yes, the new invisibleshield layouts for the classic are out now...

They are selling new models made especially for the classic and nano. I'd imagine that since the classic features rounded sides, the old model of the Invisible Shield didn't work properly.

They are selling new models made especially for the classic and nano. I'd imagine that since the classic features rounded sides, the old model of the Invisible Shield didn't work properly.

i know that, but the question is how well does it work with the new classics, especially since Apple now uses matt metal....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It Works fine with the new classics. At first I was a little bit concerned because the screen is not at the same level as the rest of the face, but the shield really adapts to the shape of the ipod. The only thing I didn't like is that now it looks like a 5G ipod, because the shield makes it look glossy.