Desktop Codename: RxStart(tm) Beta

Yep game, it only works with Desktop X by now.... I might release it as a Gadget in its full version later.. but im still working hard on this :D

Thanks for your support everyone!  :yes:

586796180[/snapback]

Hi, i great work, i love it.

but it runs on my computer without desktopx!

It looks nice on the Longhorn desktop screenshots, how does it look like in Windows XP? I think many Vista themes looks great on Longhorn but usually look very different on XP.

Also will it work on other desktop resolutions? If not I think you need to make it resolution independent (if that's possible with DesktopX...)

it looks really cool man. i'd probably use it if it was a widget of some kind. i don't think i'd want to use a complete desktop replacement just to use the very cool start menu. nice work tho.

It looks nice on the Longhorn desktop screenshots, how does it look like in Windows XP? I think many Vista themes looks great on Longhorn but usually look very different on XP.

Also will it work on other desktop resolutions? If not I think you need to make it resolution independent (if that's possible with DesktopX...)

586822030[/snapback]

I'm working with this under XP :) There is no longhorn there m8 :) So what you see is what you get (under XP) :p and about the resolution, well, right now i havent found a way to adapt the theme to every resolution change... so ill be releasing it in three different resolution sizes, untill i find the best way to make it work on any resolution without screwing up the whole desktop..... :(

hmmm...let me finish some assignments, then it wouldn't matter if it even messes up everything in my PC.

586822120[/snapback]

lol :p aight... i saw somebody who posted about it messing up the whole computer and that he had to reformat... i think a good A+ would be enough for him this time lol :shifty:

thanks all! ill be releasing an update very soon....

it looks really cool man. i'd probably use it if it was a widget of some kind. i don't think i'd want to use a complete desktop replacement just to use the very cool start menu. nice work tho.

586822276[/snapback]

sniv, i released a start menu gadget in this build, you might wanna try it out.. thats why some people is saying that it runs without desktop x... but watch out, its the start menu only, not the whole desktop... ill see if i can release a full gadget beta, ill be working on it, it would be like a replacement of your explorer.exe... later ill explain more about it... depends of how it works out....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

am i just being stupid, or are these just pictures? :cry: :cry: or if they arnt, how the heck do you make it your accuall start bar :blink: :blink: :blink: as that would be SO COOL :cool: ???

:woot: :woot: :woot: I LOVE THE DESIGN THOUGH :woot: :woot: :woot:

• 5 months later...

Yes. The Project has been reactivated as of:

September 7th 2006.

I will be trying to adopt it for Vista by november; Hopefully I can have it done for XP before that date.

:)

I tried it, and it doesn't show my the taskbar or clock?...something to do with dual moniters? have a look at that anyway, love the start menu looks and the start button is a little rough but otherwise looks like it's gonna be good :)

• 1 year later...