Expert: Asteroid May Hit Earth, but Don't Panic

Originally posted by RaINE

thats if the effects of planet x dont screw us next year

remind me what planet x is? haven't heard anything recently

:o :o ooh... really bad.... terrible.... yet.. i havent married...... dont wanna die....... gonna try for sex 1.. hehe :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I know what we can do, send some people/robots up there in a space shuttle full of explosives. Get them to drill into it and blow it up...Now where have I heard that before.

Originally posted by ozric

Whoo hoo now we've got a reason to send Bruce Willis into space (hopefully leave him there)

:evil:

LOL

here's some lyrics for ya :

Some say the end is near

Some say we'll see armageddon soon

I certainly hope we will

I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullsh1t three ring circus sideshow of freaks

From Techspot :

Doomsday is year 2019

by Per @ 7:46 AM - [Comments]

An asteroid discovered just weeks ago has become the most threatening object yet detected in space.

A preliminary orbit suggests that 2002 NT7 is on an impact course with Earth and could strike the planet on 1 February, 2019 - although the uncertainties are large.

Astronomers have given the object a rating on the so-called Palermo technical scale of threat of 0.06, making NT7 the first object to be given a positive value.

From its brightness, astronomers estimate it is about two kilometres wide, large enough to cause continent-wide devastation on Earth.

: packs up and moves to the moon :

ah.. **** i wont be safe there either. :(

that thing is huge! Stuff like this just scares the sh*t outta me. I think we could stop it though... we have the tech almost, and all we gotta do is fire one big bomb or something at it, right? :s

17 years, away, either a long time to party or we can stop it. I think any type of slight movement we can give it (by explosion or perpulsion) well move it a tade, if we do this far away enough, it will miss by a lott when it does reach earth

Originally posted by K33NU

From Techspot :

Doomsday is year 2019

by Per @ 7:46 AM - [Comments]

An asteroid discovered just weeks ago has become the most threatening object yet detected in space.

A preliminary orbit suggests that 2002 NT7 is on an impact course with Earth and could strike the planet on 1 February, 2019 - although the uncertainties are large.

Astronomers have given the object a rating on the so-called Palermo technical scale of threat of 0.06, making NT7 the first object to be given a positive value.

From its brightness, astronomers estimate it is about two kilometres wide, large enough to cause continent-wide devastation on Earth.

oh joy!?!?! Right before my 47th birthday.....

"happy freakin' birthday" BLAM!

Hmmm.... if what they say is true... i mean, if it becomes official , the end of the world may come a lot before , since people are gonna get mad and would stop working , kill....

right now we have bigger fish to fry, such as fixing this site. :p

i am not gonna worry about it since it won't happen for some time.......

The site said this:

Although astronomers say the object definitely merits attention, they expect more observations to show it is not on an Earth-intersecting trajectory.

So theres hope yet. :o

But in 2019 we might have some sort of missles or technology that can destroy it. Since we know about it, then we could develop some sort of technology.