It's all about "Duh U"....

The SEC is not the best conference, but it is the toughest conference when it comes to conference play.  I still put the SEC above the Big 10 when it comes to the toughest conference.

586834625[/snapback]

not this year though. the big ten clearly played a tougher OOC schedule. penn st. played USF (#2 big east) and OSU played #2 texas. big ten also played fewer 1-AA teams, and overall, has a better OOC record. plus, i see about 8 quality teams in the SEC, and 9 in the big ten.

if you lose your OOC games, what does that say about your conference? thats the only way you can measure a conference, is against other conferences. what you do inside your conference doesn't mean anything.

if everyone in your conference is 5-5(conference record), but you all went 3-0 in OOC games, even though you will get dogged in the polls for having losses, chances are you are pretty good from top to bottom.

the polls are so biased towards unbeaten teams, not the better team. why do you think so many big east or acc teams make it to the championship game? because they are good? haha, please. because they play in the 2 weakest conferences out of the major group.

the polls are so biased towards unbeaten teams, not the better team. why do you think so many big east or acc teams make it to the championship game? because they are good? haha, please. because they play in the 2 weakest conferences out of the major group.

You need to come with a better arguement than that...The ACC is 25-7 in OOC games this year....the Big 10 is 25-6 in OOC games this year. ACC has 12 teams and only one more OOC loss than the 10 teams of the Big 10. ACC also has 6 ranked teams right now...Big 10 has 4 ranked teams. You might wanna re-think calling the ACC weak.

not this year though.  the big ten clearly played a tougher OOC schedule.  penn st. played USF (#2 big east) and OSU played #2 texas.  big ten also played fewer 1-AA teams, and overall, has a better OOC record.  plus, i see about 8 quality teams in the SEC, and 9 in the big ten.

586838243[/snapback]

I didn't mean to say they were the best overall, I just stated they were toughest conference when it comes to games facing each other e.g. Alabama vs. Georiga and so forth. Obviously, the Big 10 is the toughest when it comes to overall play.