Photos for megapixel comparison

Is there a site that has the same picture but as taken by different mega pixel cameras for comparison.

My goal is to show my wife by making the same picture the wall paper for comparing the difference in quality between mega pixels.

• 2 weeks later...

Mega pixels isn't inportant, for a start on an Digital compact with a sensor size of 7x5mm any thing over 5 megapixels is pointless, as you are already at the limit of the lenses resolution. Infact 7MP may just make things worse by causing more noise.

The 4MP Nikon D2H and even the 2.74MP Nikon D1H can produce far sharper images than a 7MP digital compact. This is because its not really megapixels that count what is more inportant is the size of the sensor and the quaility of the lens. If you really want high resolution get a DSLR or one of those Uber expensive and rather pointless "ZLR" cameras, otherwise forget about it!

Edited by antsy

I dont think ZLRs are useless.. I use a Panasonic FZ20 and it produces good images...plus an equivalent DSLR setup can be out of budget for many people...i agree though tht DSLR image quality is leaps and bounds over a fixed lens camera.

It because I have never been inpressed with those "all purpose" lenses. I think some have APS-c sized sensors but I would hardly be called Compact, you can get a large sensor in a small camera that is why there is a much wider gap between Digital compacts and DSLR than there is between there film based couterparts.