5259 is leaking

Just a heads up people, Im not gonna link or source any sites but if you know you're sources, 5259 is leaking publicly. Torrent coming very soon :D

Currently being uploaded to FTP (where I get it from hopefully) and then torrent will be out very soon. I'll give it about 12 hours or a little more.

So eyes open out there people :)

oh and the build: Windows Vista 5259.051113-2100 (winmain_idx02)

once again, its a Microsoft Employee leak, so someone is getting "teh boot" ;)

did i mention JCXP released the new wallpapers to 5259? lol yeah work it out ;)

www.jcxp.net

EDIT: uhh. "wallpapers" here -> http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showt...210entry35020

Edited by hAsin

Shame its leaking really, Not sure if I want to touch this one, as MS said they are willing to accept bug reports from a leak, but they'll question weither or not why we have the leak in the first place.

we have it because they have untrust worthy employees who are leaking builds that arent supposed to be out *sigh*

Yeah MS is going to be ****ed off at this though

The problem is though, weither or not its leaked by an MS employee, thats the bigger issue, torrenting it is a big deal too.. I mean.. if your a beta tester, why risk losing it and possibly getting legal backlash for distributing a build? To have a badge that shows a nerd face on it that says "I R TEH LEET".. really now...

(Dear god my spelling is terrible tonight)

Well the problem with leaks on P2P/FTP is that the leaker isn't necessarily in any tester program on MS at all, so not much to do there for them, and not many reasons for the leaker to care.

I really think MS looks more seriously at the leak source than whatever happens next.

The MS leaker is already writing what'll soon enough be history with his/her leak.

I think that they should not give ANYONE the builds... Have their own employees test them AT Microsoft that way they dont get leaked.. unless the actual manager leaks it <_<

im sure i read that this wasnt even going to be releaced?!

or maybe ms leaked it to keep us all happy so we dont flame them as much!?! hmm

well until i see a working torrent then im still a bit sceptical!

im sure i read that this wasnt even going to be releaced?!

Yes, but who's talking about a release here?

It's about it being leaked

But wait wait isn't this the build that is very buggy?

Yes, so it's said

meh.... i'll test it if it's really leaked :)

i've been meaning to install a Vista build on a separate HD for a while :D

edit: arr scurvy bag's out... if anyone gets that ;) but yeh... it's bad on S/L...

Edited by Menge

Leaked. There is a torrent going around.

Windows.Vista.Build.5259.x86.DVD-JCXP

I will not be telling anyone where to obtain this. With common sense you should know where to look.

Edited by Tem

That's true... Good catch, I for one had missed that.

The TAP build is: 5259.winmain_idx02.051117-1715

So theirs was slightly newer.

So it seems unlikely anyone in the TAP program leaked this and most likely from MS as it's been said

Edited by Jugalator

I really hope it wasn't an MS employee, if this does in fact leak. Probably a TAP customer breaking their agreement. Which is complete BS. No one cares about confidentiality anymore. Being invited to a technical beta or something like TAP used to mean something. It used to be an honor and a responsibility. Now it's just a conduit to the public.

I am an official Beta Tester and just in the days of testing Whistler, I also downloaded the leaked builds also.

I did not distribute them to others. But I did test the leaked builds just ensure where the development work has reached too.

Downloading this build now at 206kb/s so should be downloaded soon..

DONT use this build people. Stop.. If you download it, Read the NFO Thoroughly :)

It has a dual boot issue with the potential of wrecking you're XP NTLDR and also theres some strange shut down issue. They are trying to stop using boot ini all together and 5259 was the first stage in it which is mostly why it wasnt released (November CTP). So yeah, install at own risk. :)

Make Backups of Data if you are willing to gamble

DONT use this build people. Stop.. If you download it, Read the NFO Thoroughly :)

It has a dual boot issue with the potential of wrecking you're XP NTLDR and also theres some strange shut down issue. They are trying to stop using boot ini all together and 5259 was the first stage in it which is mostly why it wasnt released (November CTP). So yeah, install at own risk. :)

important question is: WHICH systems will break? i'm definetly trying this :p i'll be backing up NTLDR and if it breaks my MBR (oh noes!) i'll just boot the rescue disk and do "fixmbr".... :D

important question is: WHICH systems will break? i'm definetly trying this :p i'll be backing up NTLDR and if it breaks my MBR (oh noes!) i'll just boot the rescue disk and do "fixmbr".... :D

How exactly do you back ntldr up?

Of course, if one wish to try out this with a minimum of risks, one can always just run it in a virtual machine.

Sure, kiss the DWM effects goodbye, but if you're curious of the features, that could be an option.

Probably a TAP customer breaking their agreement.

Again, from what I've seen of the build tags, this isn't the 5259 build handed out to TAP members, so I wouldn't go off a tangent and call TAP programs not using to mean what they once did to people, unless you're ABSOLUTELY sure this is indeed leaked by a TAP member. This build had an earlier date than the TAP build I've seen shots of, so it sure seem to point to MS to me, and that's at least what the guys leaking this are saying too, and they of any should know who handed it to them.