Need a Compact Photo Printer

I've had a Canon Powershot S400 Digital Elph for a while now, but have always longed for a quality compact photo printer to go along with it. I'll be taking lots of pictures this Christmas so I'll be printing lots of stuff for the family. Does anyone have a suggestion? Price isn't really an issue.

I know canon does excellent printer for pictures. But personally, I wont buy any of these soon because they are still very expensive compared to make 4x6 at your favorite store

Get the Epson Picturemate / Picturemate Deluxe. 24 cents a print, smudge/fade/water resistant. Lasts for 100+ years in a frame and looks as good if not better than 3/4 of the stuff that comes out of your typical photolab.

On the negative side, stay away from the Dye Sublimation printers offered by canon/sony/kodak, they are garbage. Even the HP/Lexmark portable printers suck, they use the same tri color cartridges used for color document printing.

Picturemate has been reviewed the best portable picture time and time again by endless photo enthusiasts.

I absolutely love mine, I use it for archival quality photos, my wife uses it for scrapbooking. Buying anything else you'll do yourself a disservice.

Thanks for your awesome response, a quick search shows Epson PictureMate Deluxe's going for $150, not bad!

The ink and photo prints are not horridly expensive either, certainly the local store can print them for cheaper, but this device seems just too tempting to pass on.

Its unfortunate that alot of people get suckered into buying things like the kodak photo docks and the canon CP printers. They never see the prints up against something quality like the Picturemate and assume they have something decent. I spent quite a while researching and testing printers (Thanks to ritz camera and best buy for that) before i found the solution. Lexmark was the worst of the bunch, followed by kodak and canon dyesubs, up into hp, then the Epsons at a really far lead. Currently I own 3 Epson items for my photographs: The R800 for my professional quality big prints, The picturemate for my albums/everyday pictures and one of their professional level scanners.

I started with the picturemate and then a few months back purchased the picturemate deluxe. It prints with the same quality and at a much quicker speed than its predecessor. I was happy that they recently introduced a duo print pack for more economical prints and a matte paper pack. I find it alot of fun going on trips and bringing it with me (it has optional rechargable battery packs) I'll use the half page print and send them to friends as postcards. I guess the final thing that pushed me into buying it was seeing a photo from it submerged in a jar of water, and the ink didn't come off. Two weeks later I came back in the store, and it was still intact. The paper started giving way, but not the image. That's some pretty amazing durability.