McAfee behind computer viruses?

Don't forget all the doctors impregnating young women so they can get paid for all those abortions.

See this line of logic doesn't always work. Personally I'd say no, McAfee's not, not because they can't or maybe haven't thought about it, but more-so because it's to easy to get caught in which case no-one would ever buy a single license from them again.

I sometimes wonder the same thing.

Could antivirus labs be "accidentally" leaking ideas on purpose by releasing code snippets to build viruses just so they can eliminate them? :/

I don't really think they need to write viruses for business, as there are plenty out there in the wild created by people with truely malicious intent to give them something to do. Now, if Windows ever becomes as secure as the *NIX's, then they might have something to worry about.

I sometimes wonder the same thing.

Could antivirus labs be "accidentally" leaking ideas on purpose by releasing code snippets to build viruses just so they can eliminate them?

Now that I could buy. Security companies release vunerablities so that they can be exploited, all under the guise of informing people.

That is plausible, but AV companies actually writing a virus and releasing it, that seems very unlikely.