Yeah i think its broke..

fatal: phemplate::read_file(): file themes/templates//main_news_post_subheader1.html does not exist.

I am going to assume im not alone in not being able to get to the news anymore? Can't view 'Comments' or read the full articles.. :whistle:

EDIT:

Oh and this new version of the forum is horrible. Quick Edit and Full Edit... Quick edit??

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT........

<insert 5 min wait here>

Full Edit is quicker than Quick Edit, not that Full Edit loads that fast either... I think sometimes less is more.

well he can't see it can he? :p

Danger Will Robinson! Neowin Fatal Errors

Posted by Steven Parker 14 hours ago | 54 Comments

Ok, ok we're not quite lost in space yet but I've been hearing about some nasty issues people are having accessing our comments system. When a member or guest clicks on a news link, you may see:

fatal: phemplate::read_file(): file themes/templates//main_news_post_subheader1.html does not exist.

If this is the case, it can be fixed by clicking this link: Delete cookies set by Neowin. If that doesn't work then you will have to delete cookies in your browser options. Be aware that this deletes ALL cookies set by other web sites too!

We have been working on the server configurations for the past couple of days and for me at least the speed has improved tenfold (and I live in Europe, while our servers are hosted in Chicago). Any feedback on general site speed is welcome.

Thanks in advance from the Neowin code-monkeys (who we are not yet ready to set free).

Yeah that was a classic.

I suppose when someone comes to you and says..

Can you help me out? My email has stoped working!

You reply

Im a bit busy at the moment, send me an email about it later

EDIT:

Thanks there slimy. Sorry i clicked 'Quick Edit' again and had time to make a cup of tea and do the washing before it came up. ;)

I am going to assume im not alone in not being able to get to the news anymore? Can't view 'Comments' or read the full articles.. :whistle:

Your not alone... :(

No problem, did the cookie deleting tip fix your problem?

Not for me :no:

Doesn't work for me in Firefox either. Tough being a news mod and not being able to moderate news. Guess I'll just go on a banning spree ;)

Just for the record, Quick Edit seems to work very well for me. No problems there.

Wave' date='Dec 6 2005, 11:34 PM' post='586889784']

Doesn't work for me in Firefox either. Tough being a news mod and not being able to moderate news. Guess I'll just go on a banning spree ;)

Just for the record, Quick Edit seems to work very well for me. No problems there.

*bows down to you* oh mighty news mod ... you are too cool!! (hint, plz don't b an me *LOL* :woot: )

Can someone please supply the link in slimy's Post for just deleting Cookies set by Neowin.

I was just about to start a new topic about this whole issue, found this one, so I di dnot bother.

But with all of the online Christmas shopping I have done, I really do not want to delete my cookies for other sites. If anyone can provide a link to Delete just the cookies for Neowin that would be great. Currently I cannot see any news at all.

delete cookies set by this board (it's in the site index also, bottom right): https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=&act=Login&CODE=06

Thanks bro.(Y) I figured it was somewhere on the site, but I just could not find it. :pinch: :blush:

Thanks again.

Unfortunately deleting the cookies did not work on Safari & IE.

BTW if it is relevant, I am using:

Safari v2.02

Firefox 1.5 for Mac

Firefox 1.5 for Windows

IE 6.0.2090.2180 for Windows

I just saw that news works on both OS's using Firefox, and it does not work in IE or Safari.

I had this problem, its not just deleting cookies, because that doesn't provide a *hard* refresh, also change the Neowin Frontpage skin, (Bottom left corner, say to Midnight for example) and then try it again, if it works revert to which ever you prefer after and it should work. It did for me. :)