Texans miss field goal on purpose

Did you guys see the field goal the houston texans missed at the end of the game? An obvious intentional miss in hopes of getting Reggie Bush with the #1 overall pick. Do you think the league will overlook this? I mean it looked like a corner kick. :laugh: :laugh:

I wouldn't intentionally miss a Field Goal for Reggie Bush, when you have a proven running back in Dominick Davis. But you may be right...It wouldn't suprise me that much.

The only team that could 'question' it would be the 49er's who are 2-11...and with Texans being 1-12..I really wouldn't put it past a team....seems Pro Football has gotten away from being a 'Sport' to being a 'Greedy' 'Money First' game....to me most everyone is overpaid...and expecially overpaid to 'act' stupid and ignorant...both on and off the field. (ring a bell T.O)

Interesting point, perhaps.

I was just wondering why all of a sudden they are almost winning? The past 3 or 4 games they took teams to the wire and blew it. I was like damn, I guess they don't want the number one pick anymore.

I wouldn't intentionally miss a Field Goal for Reggie Bush, when you have a proven running back in Dominick Davis. But you may be right...It wouldn't suprise me that much.

I think your right they just signed Domanick Davis to a long-term deal. I'm guessing they want D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Not even Reggie Bush can make that pathetic OL look good.

Domanick Davis is a solid back, and though it's hard passing on him, I can see the Texans trading out of the #1 overall spot if they get it.They need to trade down to get more value with that pick...one player is not gonig to change their fortunes...they need a couple of players to build around....Bush wont carry them...

BUT, those 7 or 8 yard rushes that Davis breaks could wind up being 70 or 80 yards with Reggie Bush. I love Davis (I am an LSU grad), but I think Reggie could be a game breaker the Texans are obviously lacking. Davis does not have the breakaway speed or killer moves that Reggie Bush has. I am hoping the Texans get the #1 pick, but I don't think they will. I think they will end up beating the 49ers (at least, if not the Cardinals as well). Then the 49ers could pick Reggie Bush with the #1 pick. For those who don't know - Alex Smith & Reggie Bush played together on the same high school team - would make for a nice story, but I want Reggie Bush on my team (Texans).

I will be going to the Texans game this weekend, and will be pulling against them LOL!

I think your right they just signed Domanick Davis to a long-term deal. I'm guessing they want D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Not even Reggie Bush can make that pathetic OL look good.

Domanick Davis is a solid back, and though it's hard passing on him, I can see the Texans trading out of the #1 overall spot if they get it.They need to trade down to get more value with that pick...one player is not gonig to change their fortunes...they need a couple of players to build around....Bush wont carry them...

maybe they want the number one pick so they can trade it for more picks? thats also a possibility.

BUT, those 7 or 8 yard rushes that Davis breaks could wind up being 70 or 80 yards with Reggie Bush. I love Davis (I am an LSU grad), but I think Reggie could be a game breaker the Texans are obviously lacking. Davis does not have the breakaway speed or killer moves that Reggie Bush has. I am hoping the Texans get the #1 pick, but I don't think they will. I think they will end up beating the 49ers (at least, if not the Cardinals as well). Then the 49ers could pick Reggie Bush with the #1 pick. For those who don't know - Alex Smith & Reggie Bush played together on the same high school team - would make for a nice story, but I want Reggie Bush on my team (Texans).

I will be going to the Texans game this weekend, and will be pulling against them LOL!

Nobody can be a stand-out RB behind that O-Line...Reggie Bush isn't gonna be breaking 80 yard TDs behind those guys. He'd be lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time. His 40 time is listed at 4.4 seconds and Dominick Davis has a 4.46 and he outweighs Bush by 20lbs. My whole point is this...Reggie is unproven at the Pro level and Davis is proven. Heisman winning running backs DO tend to do very well though. We'll just have to wait and see though.

maybe they want the number one pick so they can trade it for more picks? thats also a possibility.

That is very possible...Things like that probably happen in the NFL more often than people think.

Either Brown was injured, or he shanked it on purpose.

I believe the Texans have been blowing the last few games on purpose. I think the Raiders threw the game on Sunday. Al Davis probably bribed the refs too (:laugh:), because the refs ruled a TD for the Jets on a play where the player was like 3 yards out of bounds. McCareins wasn't forced out. He was going to land way out of bounds anyway.

Earlier in the season, the refs screwed the Jets multiple times by ruling against them. Now they screw the Jets by ruling in their favor.

it wasn't that bad, haha. :laugh:

Yes it was. Brown would never miss that FG normally. It looked a little like the kick in the CHI-SF game where the ball was blown way off course, but there was no wind!

Nobody can be a stand-out RB behind that O-Line...Reggie Bush isn't gonna be breaking 80 yard TDs behind those guys. He'd be lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time. His 40 time is listed at 4.4 seconds and Dominick Davis has a 4.46 and he outweighs Bush by 20lbs.

You obviously have not watched the last few games. The run blocking has not been bad. Go look at Davis' stats for the last few games - he hasn't been a slouch by any means.... He had 139 yds rushing vs. the Titans. Bush could turn that 139 into a whole bunch more. Speed is not everything either... Davis doesn't have the killer moves that Reggie has.

bush won't do anything in the pros. here are the past heisman RB winners: Ron Dayne, Ricky Williams, Eddie George, and Rashaan Salaam.

Out of all those, the only good one was george. the others are decent at best.

bush will not be turning around any nfl team next year. bush was never an every-down back at USC. bush never played against any tough defenses, and he was never really a tough, smashmouth kind of player.

nah, it would have been more realistic if they fumbled the snap. that field goal was TERRIBLE.. i mean, if they did do it on purpose they shouldnt have missed it that bad.. geebus

bush won't do anything in the pros. here are the past heisman RB winners: Ron Dayne, Ricky Williams, Eddie George, and Rashaan Salaam.

bush will not be turning around any nfl team next year. bush was never an every-down back at USC. bush never played against any tough defenses, and he was never really a tough, smashmouth kind of player.

THANK YOU!

I am getting freaking sick and tired of all this USC could beat a NFL team, Bush could run all over an NFL defense. Come on! He may turn out to be the best RB ever but let's see him take a snap first. Remember a guy named Terrell Davis and how dominant he was? Guess where he fell in the draft. Draft order means diddly squat except for the player's signing bonus and his agent's % cut.

Ricky Williams was great until he got all weird....But you can't forget Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Hershal Walker, and Marcus Allen. Heisman winning RBs seem to do better in the NFL than any other Heisman winning position, but I do think Reggie Bush is overrated at the moment. I want to see him take a few snaps first...take a few hits...and then he can be measured.

You obviously have not watched the last few games. The run blocking has not been bad. Go look at Davis' stats for the last few games - he hasn't been a slouch by any means.... He had 139 yds rushing vs. the Titans. Bush could turn that 139 into a whole bunch more. Speed is not everything either... Davis doesn't have the killer moves that Reggie has

I know they are doing better, but as a whole this season they suck. A few games doesn't cut it. Bush may have better moves than Davis, but he won't be breaking tackles or running over people in the NFL (at his size). So this leaves him trying to out run everyone....and there are linebackers that run as fast if not faster than Reggie.

I think he has a chance to be great though...he has all the talent in the world. I just depends on how he applies on on the field against competition that is on his level.

bush never played against any tough defenses? :laugh:. Did you see the Notre Dame Game? here is the thing USC is a dominant team unlike Michigan :sleep:.

No one is expecting him to be a tough, smashmouth kind of player. He's a playmaker, not a bruiser.

The Heisman is a stupid award and often goes to the wrong player, but winning the Heisman doesn't mean you'll be a bust. Ricky Williams is a very talented RB, and has proved it in the NFL. Eddie George was overrated, Salaam was a bust, and Dayne was an odd case (at least he's still in the league).

Bush may or may not turn out to be a great NFL player, but pointing out that some previous Heisman winners were busts doesn't prove anything.

http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert..._.html#comments

Also, none of those players were as great in college as Bush was. Bush's play had many ranking him among the best college players ever. The same could not have been said for Eddie George.

No one is expecting him to be a tough, smashmouth kind of player. He's a playmaker, not a bruiser.

The Heisman is a stupid award and often goes to the wrong player, but winning the Heisman doesn't mean you'll be a bust. Ricky Williams is a very talented RB, and has proved it in the NFL. Eddie George was overrated, Salaam was a bust, and Dayne was an odd case (at least he's still in the league).

Bush may or may not turn out to be a great NFL player, but pointing out that some previous Heisman winners were busts doesn't prove anything.

http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert..._.html#comments

Also, none of those players were as great in college as Bush was. Bush's play had many ranking him among the best college players ever. The same could not have been said for Eddie George.

Wait didn't Ron Dayne set the all time rushing yardage record and then Ricky Williams break it like the next season? Those guys were considered quite dominant when they were in the league. I'm not saying that Bush isn't a good college player, but from teh stats I have looked over, the biggest thing he has going for him is his yards per carry (which is really impressive). He won't get 8+yards a carry in the pros.

Eddie George overrated?!

Unbelievable.

As far as Reggie Bush is concerned, the NFL is hit-or-miss. Joe Montana never lit up the college ranks and he turned out to be pretty good. Andre Ware was a man in college and he...well, yeah, he did less than Rahsaan Salaam did in the NFL.

Really, it all depends on the team that drafts you and the system you are put in. I'm willing to bet that if Ron Dayne was drafted initially by Denver or Tampa Bay, he'd be a helluva NFL player. But the Giants got him and he had to split time with Tiki Barber, and because the Giants defense was so porous at that time, they had to throw ALOT with Kerry Collins. How else do you think Tiki Barber made a name for himself?

If I am Reggie Bush, there are two teams I pray to GOD don't draft me: Houston and San Francisco. Neither has an offensive line worth a damn, so anything he brings to the table is a moot point. At least the Jets have proven in the past to be semi-decent with Curtis Martin and Green Bay has given Ahman Green a decent career. And the Saints are all together a different story, although I do think they have potential to be good if Haslett weren't the coach.

wow, a lot of people are talking some crazy smack here! i can't even keep it all straight.

somebody said eddie george was overrated? he only played like the 10 most consistent years in the NFL compared to any other back in the league.

and talking about bush being dominant in NCAA...um, no. where are his records? oh thats right, he doesn't have any. not even in that weak pac 10.

williams set the record, and then dayne broke it, i believe. that is being dominant for 4 straight years. bush didn't come close.

wow, a lot of people are talking some crazy smack here! i can't even keep it all straight.

somebody said eddie george was overrated? he only played like the 10 most consistent years in the NFL compared to any other back in the league.

and talking about bush being dominant in NCAA...um, no. where are his records? oh thats right, he doesn't have any. not even in that weak pac 10.

williams set the record, and then dayne broke it, i believe. that is being dominant for 4 straight years. bush didn't come close.

Bro... please... LOL!!! Bush shared time with White at USC. I think you are jealous of USC's talent :p I don't know if he broke any records for total yards per game (I think he did though). Plus he is only a junior - the guys that broke rushing records were seniors. Wisconsin didn't have a Matt Leinart when they had Dane & Texas didn't have one when they had Ricky...... It is not a fair comparison - at all.

Bro... please... LOL!!! Bush shared time with White at USC. I think you are jealous of USC's talen:p:p I don't know if he broke any records for total yards per game (I think he did though). Plus he is only a junior - the guys that broke rushing records were seniors. Wisconsin didn't have a Matt Leinart when they had Dane & Texas didn't have one when they had Ricky...... It is not a fair comparison - at all.

I don't think you are seeing the point - nobody is saying Bush isn't a quality player and that he might have success in the NFL. In the absence of any more overwelming proof, though, I won't just yet jump on this bandwagon that he is the best thing since sliced bread. Ricky Williams and Ron Dayne both had almost double the yardage that Bush has now. If he could rack up 3,000 yards in his senior year, then I'd be mighty impressed. I will give Bush this much, he is versatile and has a lot of all purpose yards, but as a pure running back his numbers are not top of the class (he is only 7th all time at USC).

I don't think you are seeing the point - nobody is saying Bush isn't a quality player and that he might have success in the NFL. In the absence of any more overwelming proof, though, I won't just yet jump on this bandwagon that he is the best thing since sliced bread. Ricky Williams and Ron Dayne both had almost double the yardage that Bush has now. If he could rack up 3,000 yards in his senior year, then I'd be mighty impressed. I will give Bush this much, he is versatile and has a lot of all purpose yards, but as a pure running back his numbers are not top of the class (he is only 7th all time at USC).

perhaps you are not seeing my point....

USC is a totally different team than Wisconsin & Texas were when they had record breaking rushers. Neither of them had a fraction of USC's skill players (ie people who can make big plays). Put Reggie Bush behind THAT big Wisonsin offense that runs the ball all day and you have different results. You can't compare these sorts of things. :rolleyes: