Your favorite Automator Workflows

my current fav is to export an album out of the iphoto photo library, copy to a directory, sort listing by file name (IMG_xxxx) and then rename the files in sequential order then launch transmit with the files in queue and ready for me.

latest would be the xmas pics I took. put them in an album called Christmas 2005 and then renamed the bunch to christmas_xxx so I could upload them to my gallery2.

At the moment, i only have one that prints any file dropped in the folder, then trashes it (for printing files over the network, sharing didn't work)

But i'm thinking about creating one that organises my downloads by date, or automatically uploads images to flickr (for desktop screenshots or something.)

Edit: anybody know if there is an action that allows me to get id3 tags from mp3 files, had an idea of renaming every mp3 file dropped in my music folder.

Edit: anybody know if there is an action that allows me to get id3 tags from mp3 files, had an idea of renaming every mp3 file dropped in my music folder.

than can be done with applescript

after playing with it, it seems like Automator could be a LOT more sophisticated. Some basic program control like conditionals and looping would make me use it more.

I would also like to see them incorporate branches into a work flow (like a fork where a signal goes to 2 different processes).

I still can't figure out how to get items that are images and dropped in a folder to be backed up to an "original" folder first, and then resized where they are dropped. It seems like a pretty trivial thing, but for some reason I can't do it in automator. I'll have to do it in Applescript for now.