My New Aquarium Screensaver - give it a try!

Filed this one under G really quick. Sorry I refuse to use a screensaver that REQUIRES internet access to use. Denying access crashed it.

i blocked the outgoing connection, and the screensaver still worked fine.

here are the hotkeys (not documented anywhere yet)

F - feed the fish

L - change camera formatting

1,2,3 - add fish

D - delete last fish added

W - wireframe / solid

C - fish collisions on/off

and one other key has a very special EASTER EGG! i won't tell you which one or what it is... ;)

Awesome!!! I found the easter egg. neat!! I won't tell.

also :

P- Updates

B- changes bubbles settings

S- ? (i think its supposed to be sounds or speed but it freezes the fish while pressed)

Edited by aberflasm

Works great for me! Very smooth and fast to load! I hope you make a version that has Goldfish in it! Thats my fav screen saver is the Goldfish one! :)

Awesome Screen Saver BTW!!!

Awesome!!! I found the easter egg. neat!! I won't tell.

also :

P- Updates

B- changes bubbles settings

S- ? (i think its supposed to be sounds or speed but it freezes the fish while pressed)

i think "s" might take a screen cap.

its REALLY good, and i know it must be hard to make but could u try adding different kinds of fish?

He's already said he will... This is still a beta version and he's said he's working on the architecture and getting all the infrastructure done FIRST. Then he can work on new fish... And different fish will behave differently too. :)

Runs smooth as a babies behind at 1280x1024, 6xaa/16xaf.

What would really set this aquarium apart is having Piranha in the tank. Feeding would be a LOT more interesting. :D

Heh... That'd be awesome... Maybe in the PAID version... Haha.

It definitely would be realistic to have fish eating other fish... It happens in every home aquarium doesn't it? :)

Heh... That'd be awesome... Maybe in the PAID version... Haha.

It definitely would be realistic to have fish eating other fish... It happens in every home aquarium doesn't it? :)

Forget fish eating fish. I was thinking about dropping in some little critters. Maybe even the fingers of the guy feeding them.

Wow!

I have never ever used any screensaver except ATI's because the most screensavers are ugly and booring. This is just what i needed. The screensaver i ever seen i must say. The graphics are great and everything is just "wow!". And the best part, it's free!

The deal is just great: get the best screensaver out there, for no money at all!