My New Toy Olympus E-300 with sort review

Well i was at futureshop today looking at buying a new digital camera, and me and my woman picked out a nice kodak camera, and i went to go pay for it and noticed a olympus E-300 on sale for 270$ reg $799 so not even thinking about it i bought it.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/...sp?product=1140

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0079.JPG

DSCF0080.JPG

has anyone had any expreience with this camera?

Here is my review.

What i am doing a review on is a Olympus E-300 Evolt

I have to say this camera is amazing the picture quality at the full 3264x2448 is absolutly beautiful.

Since it being a SLR it doesn't have the LCD picture preview like none SLR camera so you have to use the eye piece to view what you are taking.

For night picture taking this camera is great, as you can see with out the flash it takes bright pictures of what you are taking a picture of

( sorry for the kinda blury of the pict my woman took it and was cold )

P1010433.jpg

For everyday use of the camera the detail of the images are amazing. If you were to zoom right up to the picture you can see all the little scratches on my satalite reciever.

P1010253.jpg

One thing i absolutly love about the camera is the auto focus. just press halfway down on the trigger and it automaticaly focuses it self onto the object that you are taking a pict of.

I know this review ain't the best but i'm tired and well its almost time to hit the sack, but what i do have to say this camera is worth every penny.

Retail price on this camera is around $800

Edited by CoLdFuSi0n

I haven't, but that's quite an impressive camera for $270, even though the original price was $700 O_o.

One more thing, I tend to prefer Olympus cameras. The Cameras Olympus made seems to be quite fun and good to use.

Congrats on that new toy of yours. I havent had any experience with those types of cameras but that thing looks very impressive, what a great find!

the thing i can't figure out on this camera is how to get the image i want to shoot on the lcd screen

It's a SLR camera, you can't get the shot preview on the LCD screen for SLR cameras, because the mirror blocks the sensor :)

It's a SLR camera, you can't get the shot preview on the LCD screen for SLR cameras, because the mirror blocks the sensor :)

oh ok that would be why, thanks for the info.

lol yes its an empty can :)

but i have to say this is an awsome camera, better then my old fuji one

Good luck. Make sure you mess around with the camera, and when you have more money, get a telephoto zoom lens (around 50-200mm) works like a charm.

Congrats btw, steal on the price