Which Car Should I Choose

Originally posted by Impulfusion

get the passat, everyone knows it's lot better, and german sttuff is allways better then japenesse... get the passat...

:right:

That's why the Passat is 60% assembled in Mexico. :rolleyes:

http://www.carreview.com/pscAutomobiles/Mi...99_1531crx.aspx

Listen, honestly, VW cars in general AREN'T like their German

counterparts. They're NOT assembled in German, they don't

have the German 'quality' to them. Just read the reviews. Yes, I understand some of them are just biased fud but you'll see a pattern form. They just AREN'T a well engineered car.

Mazda's, well Mazda's are a mixed bag. Again, check out consumer reviews. They score better than the VW's, but they're still not perfect.

Now, Infiniti's...I've never understood these cars. There's next to NOTHING special about them. Standard body style, standard features, just plain standard but they cost a boatload....someone please explain to me the draw to these vehicles. But that being said, they are an excellent vehicle (now removing foot from mouth). The one in the same class as the Passat and Mazda's is a VERY reliable vehicle.

That being said, grab the Infiniti. And damn, it must be nice to have parents that will just BUY you a car.

Originally posted by pinky

That being said, grab the Infiniti. And damn, it must be nice to have parents that will just BUY you a car.

well actually they won a boat load of money in a court case so now they have the money to do so ;) lucky me

and are all passat's stick shift I know how to use them but I dont like them

Originally posted by duntez

and are all passat's stick shift I know how to use them but I dont like them

They are not all stick shifts BUT definitely go with the stick. Once you are totally comfortable with the stick you will find:

- Better acceleration

- Much better brake wear (engine braking takes some of the load)

- Much much better handling (esp. on twisties:P ) by downshifting into the corner and up shifting as you accelerate just past the apex

- Better fuel economy

- And totally cooler!:bandit:

The only two reasons to buy an auto: you're are buying a hugeass pickup, or you spend every day in nuts rush hour traffic.

The Infiniti is a very cool car, comes in a stick, but if you are talking performance for the money ... Maxima SE.

Originally posted by pinky

:right:

That's why the Passat is 60% assembled in Mexico. :rolleyes:

http://www.carreview.com/pscAutomobiles/Mi...99_1531crx.aspx

Listen, honestly, VW cars in general AREN'T like their German

counterparts. They're NOT assembled in German, they don't

have the German 'quality' to them. Just read the reviews. Yes, I understand some of them are just biased fud but you'll see a pattern form. They just AREN'T a well engineered car.

Mazda's, well Mazda's are a mixed bag. Again, check out consumer reviews. They score better than the VW's, but they're still not perfect.

Now, Infiniti's...I've never understood these cars. There's next to NOTHING special about them. Standard body style, standard features, just plain standard but they cost a boatload....someone please explain to me the draw to these vehicles. But that being said, they are an excellent vehicle (now removing foot from mouth). The one in the same class as the Passat and Mazda's is a VERY reliable vehicle.

over here in canada, we get it deliverd from germany, the only cars that we got assambled in mexico are the jetta, golf and new beetle... and anywayz what is wrong with mexico? the technology is still german, the only diff is that, the robots that *make* the car in mexicans...

what model is that passat? GLX with a bunch of options? Personally I'd go with a passat especially if u can get that GPS and stuff. My friend let me drive his 1.8T and it really is a lot of fun to drive. definitely go with stick shift if u can. The Infiniti has a lot more power though so if you're a speed freak then there you go :)

both cars are almost exactly the same size but still i think i'd go with the passat here. I love the interior design

the mazda sux it shouldnt even be on your list in my opinion

btw if i had 30-35 grand to spend i'd definitely go with the Nissan 350Z (http://www.nissandriven.com/vehicles/Futur...437,520,00.html) which is about $30,000. not sure if you've looked into that car but check it out you might like it ;)

I tend to like American and European cars more than Asian cars. I'd definitely get the Passat. I recently changed my car but I had the Passat before and it's a nice car.

over here in canada, we get it deliverd from germany, the only cars that we got assambled in mexico are the jetta, golf and new beetle... and anywayz what is wrong with mexico? the technology is still german, the only diff is that, the robots that *make* the car in mexicans...

If you do your research you'll find that the Jetta's ETC assembled in Mexico have a 45-50% higher complaint rate than those actually built elsewhere. Don't ask me why, I'm just telling you what I found when I did my research when I was buying a car.

Still, the Infiniti is a good choice.

quote : originally posted by duntez

my pops about to get me a g ride but i cant make up my mind on which 1 I should get which 1 yall think I should get

by saying you are getting a g ride does that stand for gay ride or girlie ride because no gangsta would be caught dead in a car like this. for 24000 get you can get you a lot better ride than the ones you picked.

with $24k i'd take a loaded 6 over the VW any day, esp. since you can probably load up on more options in the 6 for the money. also, i hear it will share the rear suspension with the rx-8, which promises to be a great ride. it's funny how people talk about german cars being so great :right: ....who makes the Miata again? you will find tons and tons of old and new miatas on the road, because mazda builds them to last. i'd expect the same from the 6.

of course, i could be biased - i am waiting impatiently for my rx-8! :cool:

Originally posted by mufdvr3669

quote : originally posted by duntez

my pops about to get me a g ride but i cant make up my mind on which 1 I should get which 1 yall think I should get

by saying you are getting a g ride does that stand for gay ride or girlie ride because no gangsta would be caught dead in a car like this. for 24000 get you can get you a lot better ride than the ones you picked.

LOL! last i checked a G ride wasnt a 4 door familly sedan, unless it was 30yrs old sittin on triple gold d's

anyways... how old are you? if i were you id get a sports car, why buy a familly sedan? at least wait till next yr till the 2door version of the G35 comes out i think its gonna have 250+ hp and will boast the same looks but a bit smaller

Originally posted by jscool

infiniti

PS mazda is not a good choice.

but a honda s2000 is a good choice.

i think it's funny how everyone keeps saying that mazda is not a good choice, but they don't have any reasons...

actually the mini in jscool's sig would be nice...get the S version and have some fun!

Originally posted by psyko_x

what model is that passat? GLX with a bunch of options? Personally I'd go with a passat especially if u can get that GPS and stuff. My friend let me drive his 1.8T and it really is a lot of fun to drive. definitely go with stick shift if u can. The Infiniti has a lot more power though so if you're a speed freak then there you go :)

both cars are almost exactly the same size but still i think i'd go with the passat here. I love the interior design

the mazda sux it shouldnt even be on your list in my opinion

btw if i had 30-35 grand to spend i'd definitely go with the Nissan 350Z (http://www.nissandriven.com/vehicles/Futur...437,520,00.html) which is about $30,000. not sure if you've looked into that car but check it out you might like it ;)

lol, the passat is lot more powerfull then the infinit, if u take the Passat W8 engine, it will beat up the infinit...

lol, the passat is lot more powerfull then the infinit, if u take the Passat W8 engine, it will beat up the infinit...

well u seem to defend VW too well, but dont do a comparison to prove anything

im looking at both infiniti and VW website... the Infiniti pushes 260hp @ 260ft pounds and weighs 3300lb's whereas the W8 has 270hp and 273ft pounds of torque and weighs 600pounds more... i dont have any actuall 0-60 and 1/4mile times but i can assure u that if the infinity has pretty much the same hp and torque as the W8 passat and weighs 600lbs less it will pretty much take the passat