Im going to be a Daddy

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! I had my baby boy when I was 18. He is almost 9 months old now... I wouldn't give him up for the world. Enjoy them while they're really young and all s/he does is sleep!

Congratulations again!

Congratulations! I had my baby boy when I was 18. He is almost 9 months old now... I wouldn't give him up for the world. Enjoy them while they're really young and all s/he does is sleep!

Congratulations again!

Take her words seriously. Ours (Leta is my wife) is just starting to crawl, and let me tell you, it's hectic having to keep an eye on him. Say good bye to your computer time for a while. Not completely good bye, but you won't have NEARLY the same amount of time to be on it.

All in all, it's the greatest thing in the world. Stick by her side, and work through problems instead of just giving up. It is more then worth it. I wouldn't change it for the world.

you two are pretty young huh.. we'll i hope all the best works out for all of you. im still 20.. soon 21, and don't plan on having a child until im over 26.. and hope it stays that way.

i just had a new baby brother.. very very weird, since my 2 other brothers are 24... and now we have a newborn, thats 6 months old :s

Congratulations, I look forward to the day when I can be a Dad as well!! I am sure everything will work out great and you will have many fond memories. :D

Great ages for having children IMO. Gives them young energetic parents, and they will be grown up when its your time to retire and travel, or whatever you gunna do.

Congratulations mate.

Take her words seriously. Ours (Leta is my wife) is just starting to crawl, and let me tell you, it's hectic having to keep an eye on him. Say good bye to your computer time for a while. Not completely good bye, but you won't have NEARLY the same amount of time to be on it.

All in all, it's the greatest thing in the world. Stick by her side, and work through problems instead of just giving up. It is more then worth it. I wouldn't change it for the world.

HaHa. How true is that. I get to spend hardly anytime on my PC at home anymore.

You think crawling is bad............My little one started walking at 10 months, that's when trouble starts :) She is into everything.

We should start a post a pic of your baby thread for March :)

congrats mate...being a dad is the best thing in the world :D i had just turned 21 when my son was born, he's 6 months now and i'm loving every minute of it :)

Congratulations! This is kinda bizarre, but I have a few suggestions that I wished my parents would have done with me, things I want to do when I have children. Things such as making a list of all the obvious mistakes that your parents made raising you. Everyone says they don't want to make the mistakes their parents made, want to give their children the life that they themselves never had, but too often the cycle repeats. Another thing -- You're young, money will likely be tight, but try to put 5 or 10 dollars away in a savings account every paycheck. I don't know, maybe these are obvious things, but my mom was a single mother, was young, and irresponsible. Best of luck to you and the mother.

fp

Congrats man. I can't say I would want to be in your shoes as I hate kids and don't want the responsibility, but everyone who has kids says they wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure you will be a good father. My buddy has a kid with his ex AND current girlfriend, and even with all the complications that comes with that, he's still a great father to those kids, so it's still possible to be a good dad even in a difficult situation.

Also I have to say, you shouldn't let her family force you to break up. Especially if you both really care for each other. Also, you really have to think about this kid. He/she would have a much better life with loving parents that are together and you shouldn't let her family or anything else get in the way of that if you love the girl and she loves you. Just my 2 cents.