Online College Courses

K, I'm looking for info on "going to college" online, and/or taking as many courses as possible to work towards a cert/degree/whatever.

So, has anyone had any experience in this field?

Can one attend college fully online?

Are there any advantaged or disadvantages to doing so?

Is what you get credible to companies that hire?

Can you attend a college online that is not even close to where you live? like in another state?

Is it worth it? any better or any worse than attending for real?

the truth is...i'm just way too lazy to actually GO ya know? and I thought it'd be a whole lot easier...basically i'm just looking for anyone who has done or tried this or who has a lot of info on the subject.

i was thinking of doing something like that.

but it just seems a bit too good to be true.

i think it would be hard. you would need a fair bit of self motivation, and getting help when you need it wouldn't be a peice of cake.

has anyone done an online course?

I have taken a few classes that are partially web based (most are at WVU) and one that was totally, they are fine, you tend to put stuff off till the last minute though, then I am a procrastinator

it's not a rip off or anything. it actually is legit. most classes do transfer, and by law, when you fill out the financial aid package, you have to recieve the same amount someone would if they were taking classes AT the college.

if that last sentence doesn't make sense, let me know. hahaha

i hope it works out for you all. i'm planning on taking online courses along with going to a normal college. i hate the idea of it taking so long to get my degree.

My college offers courses on line. I wouldn't take all the courses on line but most of them aren't supposedly bad. Some friends have taken them and said they were well taught on line. So much so, I'll prob sign up next semester. I'd take my early morning classes on line if I can since school is 1 1/2 hours away by bus. Otherwise, I'll take the lectures.

The way my college offers the courses, you log in and get a Real video presentation you can either stream or download to your computer. If you're bored watching a certain part if you already know it *fast forward becomes your best friend*. You get programming assignments typed up in PDF to download and go to a classroom to write the tests. Its a pretty cool system.

I've taken 5 online classes and 2 of them were Web CT based, I don't know if that is very popular.. The other's were open based and pretty weak IMO. There wasn't very much feedback from the teachers as far as a grading system or seeing graded assignments. The Web CT ones had realtime assignment submission and grading stats, kinda like the post counts here at Neowin. ;)

It is true you need more motivation than normal. But not anymore than going to work LOL.

Seriously, take breaks from the screen.

I took 3 online at once this summer.. I got 3 A's.

I can say in my experience that there is probably more homework for online classes, but the tests are obviously open book.

At the same time it's far easier to take tests, such as business math. You can spend all the time in the world taking your tests while searching the 'net or confering with someone else that's taking the class :evil: