iMac G5 owned! (video)

There's no way the boot time was correct. Taken from digg.com ...

"Everyone saw that video and everyone knows it's a con. But what are the real boot up times ? You'll be very surprised to see my test results. or maybe not surprised at all."

Go to http://silvermac.com/blog/archives/58 for proof!

You don't say...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=587077962

:rolleyes:

They said it came right out of the box for both of them so :s

since when do we beleive everything we hear on the internet, or in real life for that matter :huh: :rofl:

I say sorry for the mac owners out there that used to think that pc where less good then a machintosh machine.. sniff But Now we know who has the best peice of equipement.

Lolllllllllllllllllllll, i am getting myself one of does god it will be good to know that i buy a very good machine compared to does that went and got a 3000$ machine for nothing lollllllllllllllllll

I gona feel so good

I quoted you before you edited. Let me say that "does" is an actual word and shouldn't be used instead of "those."

And I must also say that us Mac owners never said the PC hardware was worse, simply Windows itself. Well, I'm speaking for myself, but I'm sure the majority at least agrees with me.

:|

that's the boot time on an intel mac?

no way...something must be wrong...there's got be something about the g5, it doesn't take that much to boot!

Okay on the video the Intel booted up in about 35 seconds...the G5 took 1:30+ !!! there is noooo way

EDIT: Just booted up my iMac G5 it went up in 47 seconds....

Okay, this iMac G5 is defective or is having a very hard time booting. It CAN'T take that long simply because my Mac mini is twice as fast.... So this video is duh... meh....

:no: :angry: :alien:

I dont have a mac but the G5 one there's gotta be something wrong with, a fresh install is needed because there is no way it took that long to load up, that'd be redicilious, i've seen ibooks load quicker than that

yeah my ibook boots up quicker then that and its loading a lot mroe stuff on it

There's defenitely something wrong with that imac G5. Anybody the huge delay between video and the power-up of the machine? That doesn't look right at all...

Sorry everyone for posting this, I thought it was legit. The G5 is not booting at normal speed I guess. Anyway, the intel still boots pretty fast...

MacCentral reviews and benchmarks the new Intel iMacs released at Macworld Expo.

MacCentral's tested both Universal applications as well as PowerPC applications on the new 2.0GHz Intel iMac and compared them to the 2.1GHz iMac G5.

Of the Universal Applications tested, they focused on iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, iDVD, iSquint, BBEdit and Zip Archiving. In these native applications, the Intel iMac was up to 1.82x as fast. Average increase however was closer to 1.2-1.3x, with one test coming in slightly slower (.91x) than the G5 iMac.

Meanwhile, PowerPC applications were tested using Rosetta emulation. They tested iTunes (PowerPC), Photoshop CS2 and Word. The tests showed the Intel iMac to be running .34-.48x as fast as the iMac G5. The performance penalty is expected due to the Rosetta emulation layer allowing PowerPC instructions to be run on the Intel processor.

Source: MacRumors.com

When they tested the PPC applications under Rosetta, they said the Intel iMac ran them .34-.48x as fast - does that mean faster or slower than the iMac G5's? :s

Slower, under rosetta...

Honestly, if you don't use any pro apps or unported apps, there is no reason for you NOT to get an intel iMac besides the fact that it's the first revision...Other than that, this iMac screams

my specs, with a video I made of my iMac booting up.

iMac G5 40 sec start

I salute you :) You keep care of your imac :)

So has there been any word from the makers of that video? We all know its fake or the iMac is messed up but have they confirmed or addressed this?

that was probably the first boot after installing 10.4.4. All reboots from installing a .1 release are usually overly-long.