[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

there's SP3 RC2 version out there now but I have no idea if it works with the patcher

and wow Sranshaft! i want this thing done before christmas ;) :p

good job, and how about alternate start button with tango styled windows flag? I've seen lots of gnome like visual styles and none of them has the windows flag as a start button - please consider 2 version if you can :D

It works fine with SP3, minus a new set of comctl32.dll locations. The Python-powered Patcher that would handle that better is still a bit ETA: Never atm, so I'll spin a 7.08.3 build when SP3 goes gold.

there's SP3 RC2 version out there now but I have no idea if it works with the patcher

and wow Sranshaft! i want this thing done before christmas ;) :p

good job, and how about alternate start button with tango styled windows flag? I've seen lots of gnome like visual styles and none of them has the windows flag as a start button - please consider 2 version if you can :D

Glad to see you and everyone is general is liking the theme. As for alternate taskbars, start buttons, what-have-you, I think I'll go the route Em3 went with his Luna Elements theme and release alternate image files and let those who want to change those elements do so themselves. At the moment, there are 7 color schemes (red, blue, green, brown, orange, red, pink and gray) and I'll be adding in 3 more additional colors (black, slate and silver) for a 'professional pack'. So you can see, adding alternatives to all those themes would be...you got it. I'll leave it up to the individual to change them as they like.

As for a release date, I should have a first-look release available in the next day or two if I churn the images out. There is still the matter of getting permission but I'm leaving that until the end.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I un-install this? I open the installer and there's no option to un-install? Yet in the OP's post he talks about in-installing... I've had a few to drink, but really I can't be this dumb... can someone seriously explain to me how to un-install this?

I just registered to NeoWin :) The community looks great!

I installed STTP (downloaded from dA) and I ticked the extras (I remember iPod being one of them). I can't find the Tango iPod icon though. Could someone point me where it has been saved?

I just registered to NeoWin :) The community looks great!

I installed STTP (downloaded from dA) and I ticked the extras (I remember iPod being one of them). I can't find the Tango iPod icon though. Could someone point me where it has been saved?

It just overwrites the normal Tango/Gnome default media-player icon in %windir%\sttp\resources\res_named\devices.

That is so odd, because I don't have a media-player icon there:

screenyem4.th.jpg

[edit]

I do have the multimedia player icon there obviously, but it's definately not an iPod. I installed STTP before without the extras, and then I just ran the installer again a few days later to also tick the extras and the bootsplash. The bootsplash did change, but the extras aren't there.

Theme: Human for Windows (it has many colour schemes)

I extracted the msn icon from here and photoshopped it a little to look better. It has a different icon for 16x16px that I got from a set with tango icons for many protocols (I can't find the link to the original author, sorry!). I attached the icon I created.

The iTunes icon on my desktop is the default microphone icon. I don't like it, so I'm looking for a tango icon of Apple, iPod or iTunes to replace it :p

internet_msn.ico

Wow. Yeah, that's the Iomega Mixx. I'm betting I forgot to change that line when I copypasted that block of code (and didn't test it, or forgot what I was testing as I was testing it). I don't have access to the code ATM, but I'll look into that when I do again.

Alright :) Meanwhile, I would be very grateful if you could post the tango iPod icon. I've been looking for one everywhere, but I haven't had any success yet :(
Not from me, ATM - all my STTP 2600 stuff, and my icon library are on a drive I don't have in a computer right now.

• 3 weeks later...
Bump

Please someone make this icon!

I had planned on doing one (several actually as I got a few more programs that need Tango-ization) but completely forgot about it. I'll write myself a note and get to it in the next day or two.