[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Tangerine are Ubuntu version of Tango. Try Live Ubuntu and copy all png files to a flash drive....it might do it...I took some Tango icons that way....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since Firefox 3.1/.5 and uTorrent 1.83 are well in their advanced stages, can someone release GNOME themes for them :p ?

Scirwode

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i have install this and i cant change the theme now, i want that theme with orange. not the blue one, who do i change?

tangopatcher2600806byve.jpg

Edited by Ask3n

^ ^ During installation theres and option for you to choose.Try reinstalling with Tangerine as as a choice. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the latest patcher and ran it. It changed my icons as it was instructed. My questions is this... I believe a previous patcher version installed in folders on your hard drive the entire Tango icon collection (at least I had them on a previous hard drive that died). Does anyone know where I can get the entire or at least large collection of the Tango icons (ico or png format)? I have searched Google and Deviantart but with little luck.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what vertigosity has said:

If you receive a warning from your antivirus program about WFPdisable.exe, it is safe to ignore. Because of what the program does (disables WFP, which will complain about and attempt to undo changes system files), your AV software likely considers it dangerous. It's technically not a false positive per se, since it's correctly detecting what it is and acting appropriately, but WFP is re-enabled after a reboot, and it reduces the number of complaints from WFP dialogs (so I can't win - it's either complaints about WFP dialogs or complaints about antivirus detection.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was sleepy few days ago when I press update in my xp...and it is SP3 now...but it ruined my custom tango stuff. I plan to restore the backup of the partition temorary on another pc just to get my tangofied files back... AFTER that I plan to UPGRADE the Tango patcher!

My custom version of xp had much more Tango then with 2600 patcher so it will be a step forward and I plan to do it bu upgrading the scripts so other people can do it for themself

HOWEVER I want help. I have job like vertigosity now :) so please give me suggestions, custom patches, your own icons etc so I can implement them.

PLEASE share too if you want free stuff. Cheers

Heres vertigosity's patcher for Vista:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=572421

However I would guess it needs work for Windows 7 support. Also vertigosity has ceased working on his tango patchers.

Yeah, the Vista package works unmodified on Seven.

I haven't completely stopped, I've been trying to get back into it lately, to play with Anolis, which looks incredibly promising, but it sorta seems like every electrical and mechanical object in my life is conspiring against me...

I haven't completely stopped, I've been trying to get back into it lately, to play with Anolis, which looks incredibly promising, but it sorta seems like every electrical and mechanical object in my life is conspiring against me...

uhuuu !!! :)

I am here for XP support. Verigosity, I will need a bit help to improve your latest xp release.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, the Vista package works unmodified on Seven.

i have updated my KDE Vista Patcher to work with Windows 7, most of the resources are the same, i made a couple of changes and additions.

Anolis is a great project, i'll stick with vize 1 code for now, what about the 64 bit implementation you were working on?

Why don't you release the source code to get a hand or two from other members?

i have updated my KDE Vista Patcher to work with Windows 7, most of the resources are the same, i made a couple of changes and additions.

Anolis is a great project, i'll stick with vize 1 code for now, what about the 64 bit implementation you were working on?

Why don't you release the source code to get a hand or two from other members?

1. Wow Xpize is cool. What will happen if I run it over Tango-nized XP and then run Tango reloader..will keep theicons from the xpize that are not affected by Tango patcher right? I love some of the Xpize stuff.

2. There should be a unified project for modifying windows. Some will make the scripts other will just find suitable resources to replace original MS stuff. I find it hard to contribute. Especially writing reshacker scripts...it's boring. There should be a way to get a packet of scripts (more will be contibuted to affect new exe files) ...the scripts will than extract the xp resources...then you replace the files...and you run a packager that will create an installer.

Updates will be just adding new scripts and ading suteable resources (icons , bitmaps etc). Lot of "themes" will be developed this way

• 2 weeks later...
it does not work on 7! I tried Ultimate and Professional, x86 and x86-64. Some DLLs fail.

Of course it doesn't work on Windows 7. This is made for XP! You can try the version made for Vista but I think that will fail at times too.