PSP outsells DS in US by 1 million

Since September DS has been selling more than PSP per-month if I remember correctly, or maybe October. Nintendogs made the difference.

I think Nintendogs only gave them a burst in sales for a month or so. Looking at the December NPD numbers, PSP sold higher (albeit, not by much, but it is double the price afterall):

PS2 = 1.5 million

GBA = 1.21 million

PSP = 1.12 million

DS = 1.07 million

GCN = 606,423

XBOX = 415,000

X360 = 290,000

one word... Pokemon!

kids love Pokemon and the GBA is cheap and accesible for the average citizen to make their kids happy with it and it doesn't need much care as the DS and the PSP does... :p

:yes: once they release a pokemon game for the ds, it will out sell psp (as long as nintendo can meet the supply and demand).

A 3D online Pokemon game would get me to buy a DS. It's been 10 years since Pokemon came out, I think it's about time we get something like that. All these 2D GB/GBC/GBA games seem the same.

A 3D online Pokemon game would get me to buy a DS. It's been 10 years since Pokemon came out, I think it's about time we get something like that. All these 2D GB/GBC/GBA games seem the same.

Mmmhmm. Red was fun, it was cool being a part of the craze when it first started. It wasn't such a big franchise and all, just a fun RPG that many people had, so it was one of the few Gameboy games I actually used multiplayer for with people beyond my brothers. Gold / Silver were good too, they added enough new features IMO to make it worth playing. Night and Day, all the new creatures etc. I haven't kept up with the series since then, because even after Silver it seemed a little boring, and based on reviews they didn't change the formula much at all.

I do feel like playing through silver again though, that one was real fun. I'll play either that or red on my xbox sometime soon. :)

I think when Metroid is finally released for the DS sales will go up. That right there is prettymuch what I'd consider its killer app. Final Fantasy 3 remake looks like it'll be in the same league as Metroid, at least for RPG fans.

Here are soem screens of the FFIII remake: http://www.sighost.us/members/Nintendist/n..._comparison.jpg

There are many rumours of such a thing happening, and I'd imagine we'll get one by summer. If I were to guess I'd say we'll here at least something official about it by Spring.

Or flashier graphics. Which seems to be true. Not to say that good looking games can't also play well, but it take a look at this forum for instance. Half of it is just threads dedicated to looking at screenshots of videogames. Meh.