What's more interesting,the Olympics or World Cup?

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is more interesting, the Olympics or World Cup?

• the Olympics (summer or winter)
    • FIFA World Cup
    • I care for neither one

Hands down the Olympics are more exciting...Most competitors only get one shot (maybe two) in their lives and it only happens once every 4 years. There is a wider variety and higher intensity in most sports.

IMO the Football World Cup wins hands down. I seriously can't wait for the World Cup to arrive. It's the best thing that happens every four years. Don't get me wrong the Olympics is cool, but no where near as cool as the Football World Cup! :)

I'm going to say Olympics also, mostly because there just isn't a huge following for soccer here in the United States like there is for it in the rest of the world, where it is very appropriately called "football".

I'm going to make a prediction now. Most people who post in this thread who aren't from the United States are going to say World Cup, while most Americans are going to say Olympics. Not a stereotype or a criticism or insult in any sense. Just an observation I've made. Soccer/"football" just isn't big in the United States, while American football isn't very big in most other parts of the world and is the single biggest one-day sporting event in the United States (Super Bowl).

yeah that's right, and possibly most of the ones that are going to answer World Cup are either South Americans, and Europeans :p :yes:

World Cup

Forza Italia!

Amen! my brother! :D

for me is the World Cup, I like the olympics and all, but the there is nothing like the World Cup the excitement, the passion everything, World Cup simply rocks! :D

:blink: The Olympics. :blink: Without question. There are more personalities, more dramatic successes and failures, and more variety in general. Soccer is too slow to be "interesting." The only points that soccer scores are the drunken riots.

FIFA Soccer WC since I don't like any other discipline appart from football... errr soccer.

I know soccer is still considered an olympic discipline, yet the number of teams in the Olympics are just a few to consider it too much exciting.

Fifa World Cup - Majority of britains dont care for the olympics, football is by far the most dominant sport. its looking good for england this year as well, so its gotta be that

• 2 weeks later...