Miranda IM - Skins & Icons

I have a few questions, is the skin only supposed to apply to the main window or IM windows aswell? And for my second question, how can I add a display picture for my msn on it.

I have a few questions, is the skin only supposed to apply to the main window or IM windows aswell? And for my second question, how can I add a display picture for my msn on it.

1. Skins only apply to the main window. You need a plugin called "ieview" to skin the other windows.

2. Have a look ...

PIC-20060225-034618.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

excellent tutorial. i've been meaning to try miranda for the longest, due to the convience and customization it offers. however i could never figure how to implement a skin. i've read other's tutorial and they assumed too much on the part of a noob. and so i gave up. but then i saw this and decided, "what the heck, i'll give it one more go." and what do you know, i'm running miranda. :D thanks!

Just wondering what happened:

mirandagoneweird4vi.png

Any ideas? :s

edit: Scratch that, contact list won't even open now :s :s :s Help!!

Edited by ninjakarl

Okay, scratch that. I got it all fixed. The real problem I'm having now is with ieview. Dunno how to get the skins working properly.

Help would be appreciated.

edit: and if it's a stupid question just say so, how do I make groups? And how do I make it so that the message window pops up instantly when I receive a message?

Edited by ninjakarl

yeah i am having similar difficulty with ieview. i downloaded basic by ThemaN but have not a clue on how to configure it. i tried several things, but nothing has yet worked. help.

Okay, scratch that. I got it all fixed. The real problem I'm having now is with ieview. Dunno how to get the skins working properly.

Help would be appreciated.

edit: and if it's a stupid question just say so, how do I make groups? And how do I make it so that the message window pops up instantly when I receive a message?

Go to options. Then go to Events, in the events you sohuld find a section called, "Messaging" click on that, then up the top it should say, "Automaitcly pop up windows when...." and a box with ticks i.e online offline etc. Tick the box saying online that should fix it i think. Try it and let us know.

Thanks, got that working (the popping up of message windows). But I still need help with IE-View! I downloaded Tabsrmm but that didn't help either (and it kept complaining about icolib.dll).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a bit behind on this thread...only decided today to have another try at this chat prog.

everything seems to be running ok but can't for the life of me get the other IM windows to skin

using 'Dark Ride's' tut and the 'xpk Pixel Perfect Aqua' skin

unless of course I'm missing something.

I have all the necessary plugins but still no joy in getting it to work.

could anyone possibly point me in the right direction...even if it is towards the exit sign.

many thanks.

Mike.

absolutely PERFECT.. THE best tutorial out there. Just installed Miranda and are making my friends jealous already because of this thread. Amazing.

I have the same question as others though.. My main window looks PERFECT.. Skinned with no problems.. But what about the message window? How do i skin it?

• 3 weeks later...

Due to popular demand I will expand this guide to show you how to customize your chat windows.

I will again try to keep it as simple and user friendly as possible.

Thanks for the guide but i have a question. I was wondering how you can change these icons around because i like to keep my buddy list small (picture 2) so i cut off alot of icons but i want the icon (red circle) to be first. Is there a way to do it, i am a Miranda noob

post-26431-1152118944_thumb.jpg

post-26431-1152118951_thumb.jpg

Dark Ride - just wanted to add my sincere thanks for your guide. As many have said here, it has been a tremendous help on getting me up and customizing Miranda - something I've wanted to do for a long time. Your .zip pack was great, and your screenshots were noob-proof. Looking forward to trying out skinning the message windows, as I'm sure all of us are!

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason it's not working for me?! After I uncheck classic and check modern, I apply, exit out and when I go back, and open the options menu, under Customize there is no skins or anything but Icons, and when I go to plugins, modern is unchecked and classic is checked, I can try as many times as I want to to uncheck classic and check modern , apply, but after I restart Miranda it's back to classic again, and there is no skin submenu under Customize?!

• 3 weeks later...

pepo,

I had the same problem - I don't know if Dark Ride wants to double check, but it's either due to you using Miranda 0.5 (instead of .4) or, the clistmodern file in the zip file has become corrupt.

I went to the miranda addons area, and downloaded the following new clistmodern file:

http://addons.miranda-im.org/details.php?a...ile&id=2103

...and this worked fine - it stayed ticked for me.

'av fun!

J.